Subject: "I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well said!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9317
Show all folders

Psektos (inactive user)Wed 06-Jul-05 03:02 PM
Charter member
#9361, "I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well said!"
Edited on Wed 06-Jul-05 03:26 PM

>>Again, you do NOTHING to prove me wrong, but go out of your
>>way to
>>prove me right. How about we leave off this sparring? Before
>>it gets ugly?
>
>In my mind, this proves you to be, if not wrong, an enormous
>hypocrite.

The character felt unfleshed, and annoying because it targeted ME as an Exile of the Fortress, Child Like Elf... to get something that a CHILD LIKE EXILE of the Fortress WOULD have reseverations to do. Titles should mean things. OR hell I may have still been the Blasphemous Jackass! To be approached like this was OOC driven, and therefore got the appropriate IC result.

My character feared being taken advantage of by evils. Some Felar rogue comes up to me, when I have the above titles, and begs help. Wait a minute, not going to happen. What rogue, in my character's experience has done the most damage to the Light and him? Saqzawaz.. female Fela assassin. Doh!

In other words I was NOT about to break character over this, if I did not want try to recover Pnemoa at that time I would have stripped off everythin and given it to him but that is a breach of IC style, etiquette and really unbalancing in my opinion. Happens, a lot actually.

Your take on this exemplifies my issue with being FORCED to rp in a certain way instead of being given opportunities to roleplay. Forcing RP on a mud is a BAD idea because everyone is human and mistakes come fast and often.

>Essentially, you're saying:
>
>1) I didn't help another character because I didn't like your
>description/roleplay

Yep. Better have a decent handle on both so "I" as a player don't feel like I am helping out a power gaming freak. Then again worked hard at developing my own mastery of emotes, esays, and the like to help work with others, go figure. OH and is this just not the thing which started this ENTIRE thread? OOC help for someone now seen as a power gaming freak?! Allo? Mon petite fem skunk!

>
>2) All the people who didn't help me because they didn't like
>my roleplay or found me to be annoying/offensive are
>wrong/powergamers/gearwhores/mongoose/####.

I help others, I chat a lot on the newbie channel asking questions that I may have a good idea of the answer to help others. I work at helping others WHENEVER I can in game. I have spent time with absolute newbies instead of leveling up, helping them out.

But too many I have aided move on because they feel the game is too tough and that is sad because, like have I said before, Muds offer the most viable and in depth RP experience out of any game!

>I'll say again: Any of your characters will go farther if you
>try to learn from people and encourage them to like you
>instead of deciding there's something wrong with them because
>they don't act the way you want.

So in other words, play a cookie cutter character that everyone will like. That promotes RP how? I do not care if other characters like mine or not. I DO care about being IC as much as humanly possible and striving to develop a character not have a fixed RP that drones on, and on, and on. Thanks for the idea, but no thanks. I also expect too much I guess on people also wanting to move beyond cookie cutter, that would be my fault then and me being an arrogant jackass.

>Side note: you and I are both arrogant jackasses. The
>difference is, I've earned some of my arrogance.

I have earned my arrogance through Armageddon, Batmud, Geas, Avendar, RS, CF and a hell of a lot of other muds I have spent years or months on assessing them. Batmud and Arm I think are the two oldest, but I am getting old and curMUDgeonly so I guess I can not say for sure.

Again, I have seen many a RP enforced mud with mega PK violence and I know what is good atmosphere for such and what is going to drive me, and other players away. Sure I sucked on CF starting out, in my many visits, and still in many aspects of the game, but I do not SUCK in knowing what makes a notable story arc and what does not, what makes a game fun to learn, and what does not, what makes players feel involved at all levels.

Cheers.

Ayep, we lock horns too damn well, need some Quake or other nasty action on the side so we beat the snot out of each other and be happy.
Hmm.. maybe a mega battle version of CF where everyone starts with race/class/alignment specific gear at hero level? Just so you and Valg can blast my useless in PK arse to hell and back?

Finally I speak with emotion because I love roleplaying, I am definately not the best at it, more of a supporting character. But seriously the days of the PK focused mud are numbered, just by what everything Valg has noted in his posts. So why not open up the spillways for more RP stuff in CF?

Crap, I can not spell when I am speaking from the heart, give me an old essay on the physiology responses to flight any day!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicI am a bit disturbed This is what hurts CF not the Im... [View all] , Rogue, Wed 06-Jul-05 10:12 AM
Reply Heh...They come and go., Karakan, 06-Jul-05 03:07 PM, #34
Reply Hey no thread stealing This is about asking for more st..., Rogue, 06-Jul-05 11:59 AM, #21
Reply Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 08:00 AM, #5
Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 08:23 AM, #6
Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 09:03 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 09:10 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 09:33 AM, #10
     Reply Since you keep bringing up RS...., Laearrist, 06-Jul-05 01:49 PM, #22
          Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 02:17 PM, #25
          Reply RE: Yup., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:43 PM, #29
               Reply RE: Yup., Sandello, 06-Jul-05 05:49 PM, #39
               Reply RE: Yup., Java, 06-Jul-05 05:58 PM, #40
          Reply Final post on this., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:28 PM, #27
               Reply RE: Final post on this., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 02:33 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Final post on this., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:48 PM, #30
               Reply If only it was. (n/t), Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 03:06 PM, #33
               Reply Care to name some of your characters?, incognito, 06-Jul-05 06:01 PM, #41
Reply RE: Less caustic response than, nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 09:00 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 09:31 AM, #11
     Reply You didn't read Nep's post closely enough, Theerkla, 06-Jul-05 09:39 AM, #12
     Reply I'll be clear:, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 09:42 AM, #13
     Reply Blunt for blunt., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 10:16 AM, #15
          Reply RE: Blunt for blunt., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 10:39 AM, #17
          Reply Wherein I get irate, Wilhath, 06-Jul-05 11:31 AM, #18
          Reply Ugghh, wherein I feel dirty, Theerkla, 06-Jul-05 11:55 AM, #20
          Reply Sorry., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:18 PM, #26
          Reply Ur are an 8., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:15 PM, #23
               Reply Wherein I throw gasoline on the fire., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 02:51 PM, #31
               Reply I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well said!, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 03:26 PM #32
               Reply RE: I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well sa..., Java, 06-Jul-05 03:29 PM, #35
               Reply Bless your black heart for putting this better than I d..., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 03:38 PM, #37
               Reply Unpopular characters: A digression on Onirakoth., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 03:36 PM, #36
                    Reply Well said again, no flame sensed., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 04:59 PM, #38
                         Reply It's not bad rp if i think you're a knob in RL., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 06:16 PM, #42
               Reply A quote I heard once, Minyar, 14-Jul-05 01:06 PM, #44
               Reply Except, Wilhath, 06-Jul-05 06:41 PM, #43
          Reply I've mainly just been watching this train wreck from th..., A2, 06-Jul-05 11:55 AM, #19
               Reply RE: I've mainly just been watching this train wreck fro..., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:16 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 10:25 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, appelsien, 06-Jul-05 09:54 AM, #14
Reply RE: I am a bit disturbed This is what hurts CF not th..., Isildur, 05-Jul-05 10:41 AM, #3
Reply No its just a blatant disregard for roleplay, Rogue, 05-Jul-05 01:00 PM, #4
Reply Agreed, but I'm not sure I'd break a friendship over it, incognito, 05-Jul-05 04:26 AM, #1
     Reply My friends dont cheat or belittle the game, Rogue, 05-Jul-05 08:14 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9317 Previous topic | Next topic