Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74466
Show all folders

Necro (Anonymous)Wed 24-Feb-21 08:20 PM
Charter member
#74466, "Spectral adept and spectral master edges"
Edited on Sun 21-Feb-21 10:28 PM

Hello everyone.

After sad and horrible Haelior's death to the spectral adept edge, I think we need to review spectral adept and spectral master edges. I've seen other necromancers deleting because they have wasted precious edge points for... Nothing.

Those edges were introduced long long ago, while EPs were flourishing and you could waste them on one or two useless edges. Now, things have changed dramatically.

Spectral adept is extremely expensive and it does absolutely nothing, except for extending wraithform timer to +2 hours (+3 on 51, I think). It does not make wraithform better in any other way, and most important - wraithform still may be dispelled by any kitten or level 1 dispel magic spell/item.

I also had them both, experimented with them and deleted, because it was a complete, absolute waste.

I suggest this edge to increase wraithform spell by it's level, and fix wraithform itself (so picking this edge would make any sense). Same should be done with the spectral master edges - it must increase wraithform kernel further, making it nearly non-dispellable, similar to invoker shields with a proper edge. Price for both edges must be decreased significantly, too, or even with those fixes nobody will take them.

Let's make them useful, please, not something that makes a good characters delete.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSpectral adept and spectral master edges [View all] , Necro (Anonymous), Wed 24-Feb-21 08:20 PM
Reply RE: Spectral adept and spectral master edges, Jarmel, 22-Feb-21 05:44 PM, #3
Reply You're really underestimating the cost of +2 hours, Torak, 24-Feb-21 07:39 PM, #5
     Reply Partially wrong., Ishuli, 24-Feb-21 08:21 PM, #6
     Reply Not partially wrong, Necro (Anonymous), 25-Feb-21 06:55 AM, #8
     Reply Seems like you only hate the adept edge, lasentia, 25-Feb-21 02:27 PM, #9
     Reply RE: You're really underestimating the cost of +2 hours, Jarmel, 24-Feb-21 10:08 PM, #7
Reply You could just not take them. n/t, Lhydia, 22-Feb-21 09:46 AM, #1
     Reply At least they could fix the helpfile, Torak, 22-Feb-21 03:38 PM, #2
     Reply RE: You could just not take them. n/t, Necro (Anonymous), 23-Feb-21 03:49 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74466 Previous topic | Next topic