Subject: "You seem focused on saurian ranger, not saurian the race" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74457
Show all folders

DestuviusSat 20-Feb-21 05:12 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74462, "You seem focused on saurian ranger, not saurian the race"

That giant wisdom goes a long way in a lot of things, one of which just so happens to be an excess of practices which can used either to artifically lengthen a characters life you happen to die a lot or to increase they HP pool by a lot. And then there is also the resistance to poison/disease present in saurian. Thats huge.

Pretty sure that svirf rangers don't get any special perks for being in caves, they are just like any other cave ranger while in caves.

W-elfs are vuln to one of the most common materials in the game, that makes a huge difference in how easily they die vs saurian who are vuln to an element. I'd argue that your ability to not die at lower lvls as a saurian is higher than other races because its less common to find a vuln exploiting weapon for them pre 20 than other races.

Giant rangers also are worse at creep than a saurian is so its a give and take, also they are worse tanks so their leveling is slower which makes it harder to get to said bearcharge that can be useful.

Gnome and elf suffer from the same issue as w-elf, huge easy to exploit vuln. Sure you can master stuff easier but you still are gonna have to eat that vuln forever.

Human rangers are well, human rangers. Sure they have a few upsides here and there, but I think everyone knows why you dont see them very often.... They are just pretty bleh.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSaurian first impressions [View all] , noob Saurian (Anonymous), Fri 19-Feb-21 05:37 PM
Reply One interesting idea, Torak, 20-Feb-21 11:47 PM, #7
Reply Yes and no., Ishuli, 21-Feb-21 08:08 AM, #8
Reply It looks life they have the longest life span of any ra..., rex spangler, 20-Feb-21 02:23 PM, #6
Reply My take on them, Destuvius, 19-Feb-21 05:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My take on them, Noob Saurian (Anonymous), 19-Feb-21 07:12 PM, #2
     Reply RE: My take on them, Bemused, 19-Feb-21 07:49 PM, #3
     Reply The great news is..., Lhydia, 19-Feb-21 09:58 PM, #4
     Reply This, and I'll emphasize..., Rahsael, 27-Apr-21 09:13 AM, #10
     Reply You seem focused on saurian ranger, not saurian the rac..., Destuvius, 20-Feb-21 05:12 AM #5
     Reply RE: My take on them, Pendragon_Surtr, 22-Apr-21 08:52 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74457 Previous topic | Next topic