Subject: "RE: My take on them" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74457
Show all folders

Noob Saurian (Anonymous)Fri 19-Feb-21 07:12 PM
Charter member
#74459, "RE: My take on them"

I mean this to be constructive, because I really like the idea of the race and appreciate all the hard work that went into making them.

I guess my point isn't just to do with 17 strength or putting them against felar specifically, but that they don't really seem to stand out at anything. Their lower HP from a feeble con plus above-mediocre dex plus dismal strength means they stack up poorly against everybody in some way or another except as shaman/healer where those don't matter as much. They feel like they were pre-balanced a little too harshly and may be borderline crippled in their current state for half the class options.

Every other race/class has some kind of niche use that makes them good for something. Look at Svirf rangers, they aren't great on paper but they have some really strong abilities when in caves and they are fantastic with dodging-type attacks due to their small size.

Wood-elf rangers/druids have a lot of boosts to wilderness powers in general.

Giant rangers have the whole bear charge thing in their favor. Storms are amazing mariners.

Gnomes and elves are pretty fantastic for mastering everything fast.

Human rangers have the strength and PK range advantage.

I'm just struggling with why I'd play Saurian ranger over anything other than for strictly RP reasons, it seems like for a race that lives in swamps they'd have something more than just seeing camo to help them. They just feel like they are missing something to give them a niche.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSaurian first impressions [View all] , noob Saurian (Anonymous), Fri 19-Feb-21 05:37 PM
Reply One interesting idea, Torak, 20-Feb-21 11:47 PM, #7
Reply Yes and no., Ishuli, 21-Feb-21 08:08 AM, #8
Reply It looks life they have the longest life span of any ra..., rex spangler, 20-Feb-21 02:23 PM, #6
Reply My take on them, Destuvius, 19-Feb-21 05:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My take on them, Noob Saurian (Anonymous), 19-Feb-21 07:12 PM #2
     Reply RE: My take on them, Bemused, 19-Feb-21 07:49 PM, #3
     Reply The great news is..., Lhydia, 19-Feb-21 09:58 PM, #4
     Reply This, and I'll emphasize..., Rahsael, 27-Apr-21 09:13 AM, #10
     Reply You seem focused on saurian ranger, not saurian the rac..., Destuvius, 20-Feb-21 05:12 AM, #5
     Reply RE: My take on them, Pendragon_Surtr, 22-Apr-21 08:52 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74457 Previous topic | Next topic