Subject: "Saurian first impressions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74457
Show all folders

noob Saurian (Anonymous)Fri 19-Feb-21 05:37 PM
Charter member
#74457, "Saurian first impressions"
Edited on Fri 19-Feb-21 05:39 PM

I was pretty excited for Saurians at first and rolled a couple up almost immediately after the announcement. After playing with them for almost a week I have a few observations:

1 - Their main benefit, acute vision, may be great for shamans, maybe to a lesser extent warriors/healers, but it is pretty much wasted on rangers. I can't find anything else in the race that makes them decent as rangers, they could really use some sort of marsh powerboost like wood-elves get, otherwise Felar is superior to them in almost all ways with their better tanking and better claw attack options.

2 - Maybe I'm missing something with coalesce, but how does it work for evils? I've already mastered it by trying to invoke it every way I can think of but it always just says "You snort, unable to attune yourself to any form of death." Do I need to be someplace special to invoke it or does it just work for specific spheres or with certain locations? Maybe the helpfile could be updated with command usage examples to help the noobs.

3 - the cabal options are way too limited like the other newish race releases. It feels like the ethos restriction was specifically so we can't have outlander hunters in Tribunal/Empire, which I understand, but why do outlanders get to be mostly safe from all the new acute-vision races? it also sucks that we're going to be limited to the usual outlander/rager/fort/herald unless we get immortal involvement, which from my experience is very unlikely to happen.

4 - I mentioned they are inferior to Felar in all types of combat, is there anything... hidden I'm overlooking that makes them stand out in combat? I'm really wanting them to shine, but I'm not seeing anything special yet.

Please reply and let me know I'm an idiot or if I'm missing anything, I'm hoping I'm wrong and just haven't found the cool parts yet.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSaurian first impressions [View all] , noob Saurian (Anonymous), Fri 19-Feb-21 05:37 PM
Reply One interesting idea, Torak, 20-Feb-21 11:47 PM, #7
Reply Yes and no., Ishuli, 21-Feb-21 08:08 AM, #8
Reply It looks life they have the longest life span of any ra..., rex spangler, 20-Feb-21 02:23 PM, #6
Reply My take on them, Destuvius, 19-Feb-21 05:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My take on them, Noob Saurian (Anonymous), 19-Feb-21 07:12 PM, #2
     Reply RE: My take on them, Bemused, 19-Feb-21 07:49 PM, #3
     Reply The great news is..., Lhydia, 19-Feb-21 09:58 PM, #4
     Reply This, and I'll emphasize..., Rahsael, 27-Apr-21 09:13 AM, #10
     Reply You seem focused on saurian ranger, not saurian the rac..., Destuvius, 20-Feb-21 05:12 AM, #5
     Reply RE: My take on them, Pendragon_Surtr, 22-Apr-21 08:52 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74457 Previous topic | Next topic