Subject: "I'm going to respectfully disagree." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60343
Show all folders

VladamirFri 21-Aug-15 10:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#60399, "I'm going to respectfully disagree."

>I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I think you're wrong that
>a person, at least one of the right mindset, can't approach CF
>very casually and still have fun. Now, maybe that's harder if
>that person is familiar with CF and used to a certain level of
>success / achievement. I can only speculate since I haven't
>been a player since those early days (maple.can), but I feel
>pretty confident saying that it's been a very, very long time
>since CF existed in the way you're describing, to the point
>where I'm curious how much of your nostalgia is selective
>memory. I have my own memory of the "good ol' days" and I'm
>occasionally reminded by other people that what I remember
>isn't always how things were. Part of enjoying CF in the
>present, I've found, is not trying to reconcile it with the
>past. Who knows?

I find the game, as time goes on, to be a worsening time sink, rather than staying the same or getting better. In fact if you want to not be lunch for every other player, certain things that are quite UN-fun are almost obligatory. It used to be if I had a half an hour to kill, I'd log in for that half hour and be great. I could pop on, do stuff, have fun and log out. Nowadays so much (prepping, skill training, etc) is taken for granted that when I was a lowbie with my most recent character that EVERY fighter class I grouped with would ungroup at 15 to dash off to the mists. Every. Single. One. I try and do as much of this stuff as I level as I can, and if I have a mage I'll sit and spam spells when I have nothing better to do, but that's when I'm RPing or having a conversation or something mostly. I just don't spend hours spamming up skills and ####, in favor of going on and playing the game. As a result, even in fights where I know I have the advantage, a good portion of the fight is determined by who landed more of their skills, and the difference is tangible. Admittedly a lot of my issues are typing related these days, but also a lot of the time it's skill or spell failure related, when half my #### lands, but the other person lands every thing, near every time. There's some of the fun taken away from you when you're performing in a sub-par manner in PK, because you're a casual player. The struggle is real!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA small review of a quick return [View all] , Old player (Anonymous), Sat 15-Aug-15 08:56 AM
Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, Umiron, 15-Aug-15 09:46 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, ordasen, 15-Aug-15 12:13 PM, #2
     Reply It's easier not to see people, incognito, 15-Aug-15 03:55 PM, #3
     Reply ^^ This in so many ways. SOOO many people logging in/ou..., Vladamir, 21-Aug-15 10:56 AM, #11
     Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, Isildur, 15-Aug-15 05:05 PM, #4
     Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, Hutto, 15-Aug-15 08:48 PM, #5
     Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, Isildur, 15-Aug-15 11:35 PM, #6
     Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, Hutto, 16-Aug-15 01:39 PM, #8
          Reply RE: A small review of a quick return, Isildur, 16-Aug-15 01:53 PM, #9
     Reply Keep in mind that there are other types of people, Kstatida, 16-Aug-15 07:31 AM, #7
     Reply I'm going to respectfully disagree., Vladamir, 21-Aug-15 10:40 AM #10
          Reply RE: I'm going to respectfully disagree., Isildur, 21-Aug-15 11:02 AM, #12
               Reply RE: I'm going to respectfully disagree., Isildur, 21-Aug-15 11:26 AM, #13
                    Reply Hit me on AIM for my theories about skill ups. I have b..., Vladamir, 21-Aug-15 01:38 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Skill improvement, Umiron, 21-Aug-15 02:38 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: Skill improvement, Isildur, 21-Aug-15 02:52 PM, #16
                              Reply RE: Skill improvement, Umiron, 21-Aug-15 04:15 PM, #17
                                   Reply RE: Skill improvement, Isildur, 21-Aug-15 05:37 PM, #18
                                        Reply Nay. (nt), Umiron, 15-Sep-15 06:35 AM, #19
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60343 Previous topic | Next topic