Subject: "A new idea for added realism" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3950
Show all folders

RithnyonSun 22-Feb-04 06:23 PM
Member since 22nd Feb 2004
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3950, "A new idea for added realism"

All right, so I was thinking (yes, very dangerous), and actually had a thought.

When I walk through the woods, I can usually hear something coming, but not necesarilly from which direction it is coming. I started thinking about how rangers and druids, beings that supposedly spend their entire lives in the wilderness (or even outlanders, but that might be a bit farfetched) can camo, set traps, etc, but are not necesarily aware of those city folk who wander in the woods.

Perhaps there is a way that each character must make a saving throw in the woods, larger races would have less of a chance, smaller races borne of the woods, or those that fly, have a better chance of making the throw. If they fail, any pc within 2 squares or so are alerted of their presence. This would only work in wooded areas, as the packed dirt roads and noise of a city, would drown out any types of noise made by stepping on a fallen leaf or tripping over a partially exposed root.

"You hear a rustling in the forest." (or some such)

The more adept the character has become with the skill, they may be able to determine the direction of the sound.

"Something rustles in the forest to the X" where X is East, West, North, South, Up or Down.

Something like this may add a touch more realism, and if this does already exist, and I just haven't played a rnager recently enough, please feel free to start with sarcasm

Rith

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA new idea for added realism [View all] , Rithnyon, Sun 22-Feb-04 06:23 PM
Reply RE: My new idea for added realism, fleshofchaos, 25-Feb-04 06:45 AM, #4
Reply RE: My new idea for added realism, Valguarnera, 25-Feb-04 02:29 PM, #5
     Reply RE: My new idea for added realism, OS43, 25-Feb-04 08:26 PM, #6
     Reply DO NOT increase them please! nt, Xaannix, 24-Mar-04 02:19 AM, #9
Reply Umm, Xaannix, 24-Feb-04 08:50 PM, #3
Reply I agree here, sort of -, Chalupah, 24-Mar-04 02:13 AM, #7
     Reply Well not really, Xaannix, 24-Mar-04 02:18 AM, #8
Reply Rangers having dangersense in the forest sounds realist..., Zefarah, 23-Feb-04 04:54 AM, #2
Reply makes some sense but, incognito, 22-Feb-04 07:28 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3950 Previous topic | Next topic