Subject: "Proposal for change to Shamans/Healers." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25043
Show all folders

AdelinThu 04-Jun-09 03:09 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2009
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25043, "Proposal for change to Shamans/Healers."
Edited on Thu 04-Jun-09 03:18 PM

A few things that have always troubled me is that good shamans have the ability to plague, something that when i envision as being something reserved for those who participate in dark rituals etc. Its also always bothered me to see a evil healer when you look at the typical idea of being one as evil, there is this idea that evils more act for their own self rather then for others, and the idea of it being a more, strongest survive mentality that makes it odd to think that there would one be devoted to the caring of others. I think it is perfectly accepteable that there is some form of healing capabilities but not to that of the current healing. When i envision a healer it is a self-sacrificing, selfless saint really.

There has also been alot of complaints towards their current format and effectiveness, here i would like to mention i myself have not played one, but have fought many.

However, i thought that my idea may serve to promote personalization of characters based on what they want, from being the most defensive to very offensive and all the mediums inbetween.

So my proposition is to scrap the current shaman class/Healer class as we know it and create a more organized clerical class that embodies more organization, credibility and foundation to existing religions.

The original clerical set will be common between all alignments, and based on who you follow or devote yourself to, you well get a unique set that is bound to each of the gods.

For this to work you would need to create a devote command because the empowerment is now at level 20, it would give them the unique sets (this could also tie into sphere choosing for them) and then they would need to achieve their empowerment as well. The devotion to learn their skills though should be able to be done easily,
they do already have to get empowerment, i think it would be wrong to make them have to find the immortal before they get their skill set as well.

Alright, so my proposed common skillset would look like this.

Skills:
Flail, Whip, Mace, Staff, Recall,Hand to Hand
Fast Healing, Kick, Meditation
second attack, parry, shield block
Swing ( A mace oriented strike, A single strike similiar to Kick in lagging time, possibilities of stunning them briefly if hit in the head etc)

Supplications would be similiar, detections of good/evil, the curing of ailments word of recall etc, the basic supplications. The primary thing to note is none would have beyond HEAL until they chose their devotion.

Now as an example of what it could be formed into.

Followers of Rahiyn, maybe even Corrlaan to a degree.
Would not gain enhanced damage. Would learn gates blade barrier gains sanctuary, Rejuvenation.
This would be the healing cleric that didnt have offensive, but would gain all the aegis etc that made them defensivable, healing support class.

Where as now Baerinika follower would get this.
Summon, enhanced damage, sanctuary Vengeance (Similiar to wrath, less in power), Perhaps even a follower similiar to call angel, but less in strength, doesnt heal the cleric etc.

Iunna Followers:
Gain gate, some aegis, Blaze (equivlent of Vengeance, but fire based, can strike once or perhaps even twice) Flame Aura, same as sanctuary, blinding light (their version of blind)

Added note, being that of fire, possibilities to make them be able to form into something like a fire elemental/fire demon.

Outlander Immortals could be similiar to a druid in the sense they could gain those being more nature oriented.

I would Enlilth or Daevryn at the fore for having the Witherfist, rot, black aura etc.

The benefit of this is also you could further customize it by certain followers losing their shield/mace type attack to further promote an axe type attack, or even further staff type.

Its alot of coding and work i know, but it may be something to consider. It could even drastically reduce the amount of creativity by having each immortal consider their own personal abilities they would want to have their followers have. properly balanced of course.

I think it would be awesome to have this unique individuality rather then the generic class they are now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicProposal for change to Shamans/Healers. [View all] , Adelin, Thu 04-Jun-09 03:09 PM
Reply Just off the top of my head, A2, 04-Jun-09 05:25 PM, #6
Reply The thing about making Imm-specific skills.., Java, 04-Jun-09 03:36 PM, #2
Reply Extend the virtue system to all empowerees., ibuki, 04-Jun-09 03:52 PM, #3
Reply This is what I was thinking., GinGa, 04-Jun-09 04:06 PM, #4
Reply RE: The thing about making Imm-specific skills.., Daevryn, 04-Jun-09 04:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: Proposal for change to Shamans/Healers., Adelin, 04-Jun-09 03:13 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25043 Previous topic | Next topic