Subject: "Get more eyes on our home page" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #615
Show all folders

RadeMon 20-Sep-10 09:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#615, "Get more eyes on our home page"

Create a real in-game benefit for people who actively advertise CF.

This idea is totally ripped off of a time waster game I've been playing.

If you click on my link:
www.berzerkstudio.com/games/homerun_in_berzerk_land?friend=theg33k123

You "challenge" me by trying to beat my high score. I get some "diamonds" which unlock bonuses for me after I accumulate them.

Obviously we don't allow you to share who you are playing so we'd have to change it a bit.

Have CF create a unique/random URL for each character. I might type a command like "advertise" and see a link that looks like http://carrionfields.com/playerlinks?gBaE63GlB2gD9A0JBkdl
ue (read: not guessable based on character name)
Then I could tweet that, put it as my signature, put it up on facebook with a CF logo, whatever... One of the best benefits if this is you can track the referrals and see which sites are the most effective to advertise on.

That link/code would be associated with my character and I would get some benefit for the number of unique IP addressed that came to that link.

It would have to be balanced somewhere between "good enough to be worthwhile" and "Not so good that people who 'cheat' the system become too powerful."

To simplify initial implementation at first it could be purely subjective and imms could give XP bonus or whatever if they look at your "count".

For a more automated solution...

For example, for the first 10 people who click your link you get 1 gold each deposited into the bank of Thera for your character. If 15 people click your link then "outfit" command gives you slightly more powerful gear, etc. You could get more complex schemes like if someone who clicks your link rolls a character and ranks to some level then you get a benefit, etc.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #615 Previous topic | Next topic