Subject: "RE: I strongly advice to avoid the Empire as complete newbie" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2547
Show all folders

incognitoSat 09-Jan-10 05:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2567, "RE: I strongly advice to avoid the Empire as complete newbie"

>Eesh, 50 deaths isn't much.

By the time you'd died 50 times, you'll probably be thinking that some other class would have been better (even it if wouldn't have). So you'll probably find that in practice you are quite ready to move on.

> No room for errors, eh?

Empire has a promotion and demotion system. If you make mistakes, you get demoted, or expelled. And once expelled the cabal is meant to prioritise hunting you. Plus some members of the cabal get extra nasty powers just to deal with expelled people.

Also, if you offend another imperial, they can petition for a "Blood reckoning" whereby the two of you will be allowed to kill each other, until one or other of you dies.

> Is
>teaming common?

If, by that, you mean is it common for people to walk around in a group... yes. Some people like to pk solo, but for ranking, and getting some of the nicer gear, and exploring certain places, a group is needed.

> Are there staging grounds to practice fighting
>in?
>

Sort of. There is the arena, where you can fight to the death without it actually being a death, so you don't lose con, and you don't lose gear.

However, it is only a 2 by 2 area, and a HUGELY important aspect of actual pk is making use of your surroundings, whether it be to tire out someone by making them chase you, or try to summon you, or slow down their movement so you can more easily get the first attack on them etc.

>Can half-drow join good organisations?

There is only one "good" organisation (in that only one restricts itself to admitting only good aligned characters), and that's fortress. Half drow can indeed be good aligned, so they can get in if they are good aligned.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicNew to the game [View all] , Acastanai, Thu 07-Jan-10 03:27 AM
Reply Don't quite agree with everything below, incognito, 07-Jan-10 04:30 AM, #3
Reply Answers:, Amberion, 07-Jan-10 03:42 AM, #1
     Reply Feel free to ask more questions though if you want to....., Amberion, 07-Jan-10 03:43 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Feel free to ask more questions though if you want ..., Acastanai, 07-Jan-10 09:36 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Feel free to ask more questions though if you want ..., TheDude, 07-Jan-10 10:43 PM, #5
               Reply RE: Feel free to ask more questions though if you want ..., Acastanai, 07-Jan-10 11:10 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Feel free to ask more questions though if you want ..., Daevryn, 08-Jan-10 12:48 AM, #7
                    Reply Pick human for assassin as a newbie. Arial is decent as..., Dervish, 08-Jan-10 07:39 AM, #10
                         Reply 100% agree. Human Assassin is a perfect first time cha..., Grudan, 08-Jan-10 11:53 AM, #11
                              Reply RE: 100% agree. Human Assassin is a perfect first time..., Daevryn, 08-Jan-10 11:54 AM, #12
                              Reply RE: 100% agree. Human Assassin is a perfect first time..., Acastanai, 08-Jan-10 09:28 PM, #13
                                   Reply RE: 100% agree. Human Assassin is a perfect first time..., TheDude, 08-Jan-10 10:56 PM, #14
                                        Reply RE: 100% agree. Human Assassin is a perfect first time..., Acastanai, 09-Jan-10 12:23 AM, #15
                                             Reply I strongly advice to avoid the Empire as complete newbi..., Dervish, 09-Jan-10 10:15 AM, #16
                                             Reply RE: I strongly advice to avoid the Empire as complete n..., Acastanai, 09-Jan-10 02:11 PM, #17
                                                  Reply RE: I strongly advice to avoid the Empire as complete n..., incognito, 09-Jan-10 05:22 PM #18
                                                  Reply RE: I strongly advice to avoid the Empire as complete n..., Dave, 11-Jan-10 05:20 PM, #23
                                             Reply RE: 100% agree. Human Assassin is a perfect first time..., DurNominator, 09-Jan-10 05:59 PM, #19
                                             Reply Comments/corrections, incognito, 10-Jan-10 04:26 AM, #20
                                                  Reply Correction:, Amberion, 10-Jan-10 05:28 AM, #21
                                             Reply In the past 4 years I've spent about 3000 hours online ..., Amberion, 10-Jan-10 05:35 AM, #22
               Reply Here is a list of the races/classes and which works., Amberion, 08-Jan-10 02:45 AM, #8
               Reply RE: Feel free to ask more questions though if you want ..., DurNominator, 08-Jan-10 05:07 AM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2547 Previous topic | Next topic