Subject: "RE: Looks good..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #638
Show all folders

BajulaTue 24-Oct-06 02:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#642, "RE: Looks good..."
Edited on Tue 24-Oct-06 02:22 PM

smittenger(I know I misspelled that)? or valentines perhaps?

I'm sure my brother would have a blast at it, other than that and CF geek you are pretty close to dead on. A whole different kind of geek.
My other hobby is to pretend I'm a half breed Irish-dane during the whole viking era. Though the suit I had been fighting in for about a year before that was pretty much a 13th century rig though I'm moving it all back in time a piece by piece.

A little bit on the 120 hrs, I can cut it WAY down. That was my first helm so I spent alot of extra time trying to get it just like I wanted, and of course backtracking to fix mistakes etc...

I figure if I don't add the brasswork, and don't give it the bronze look, and leave alot of it with the original bit of blackening I had on it (minus the faceplate which I'd have to polish no matter what.)
I can probably get it down to under 60 hours (40 is likely, but I don't want to push it.) and I can probably sell one for about 450 bucks easy.
After building a name for myself if I add the brasswork as an option I could go as high as 750 for one like mine. Armoring as a business isn't really viable, when you consider how few people there are who want real armor AND are willing to pay for it... Unless you can do things like machine dishing blah blah blah, and have it assembly line cranked out, OR if you get a name as an 'artist' ... well other than that you pretty much have a poor paying second job, or leave it as a hobby. hehe. I LIKE doing it so I'll leave it as a hobby I'm thinking, but I keep taking commissions 'cause I get offered a nifty new project idea or well when I'm offered the right price.. hahaha.
I'm rambling again, obviously I've been up too long. I'm glad you like it though. It's my favorite current "toy".

Back to work for me. (went to edit and forgot what I was going to edit Gak!)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFinally a couple of pics of the new helm. [View all] , Bajula, Tue 24-Oct-06 11:03 AM
Reply Looks good..., Lightmage, 24-Oct-06 12:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Looks good..., Bajula, 24-Oct-06 02:22 PM #2
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #638 Previous topic | Next topic