Subject: "I finally cut the cord..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2224
Show all folders

MoligantFri 06-Dec-13 02:47 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
327 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2224, "I finally cut the cord..."
Edited on Fri 06-Dec-13 02:48 PM

Starting Dec. 16th I'll be without cable tv. I'm going all in on hulu plus (which I get through my sister in law for free)

So here are a few questions for anyone who has ditched their cable.

1. Can I get AMC and FX shows on amazon prime the NEXT DAY or is that one of those wait a year deals. I googled around and couldn't find a clear answer. I don't want to miss out on Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, etc.

2. I have Netflix for the at-home delivery of movies, is ponying up an add'tl $8 worth it for the streaming worth it if I have Hulu? I definately will keep Hulu for the network shows next day.

3. Do I need to go buy a hd antenna if I have hulu for the network stuff anyways?

4. My wife I think has netflix on her laptop, can we use that on our TV as well?(which would solve the issue in Q2)

5. I access Hulu using my Xbox 360. Is here any reason I should go get a Roku if I already have the Xbox?

6. How do I access Amazon Prime if I decide to get that? Through my Xbox?

Oh...I calculate that between ditching cable and a small change on my cellphone plan ill be saving over $80.00 per month, any ideas for a small monthly investment?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI finally cut the cord... [View all] , Moligant, Fri 06-Dec-13 02:47 PM
Reply Update, Moligant, 11-Jun-14 02:44 PM, #1
     Reply Don't have to wait a year for AMC shows, Doof, 09-Jun-16 11:42 AM, #2
          Reply Wow that's a timely response, Kstatida, 09-Jun-16 01:53 PM, #3
               Reply Damned straight. Didn't even see the date on that post..., Doof, 12-Jul-16 11:48 AM, #4
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2224 Previous topic | Next topic