Subject: "No..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114
Show all folders

VladamirThu 14-Mar-02 02:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#5121, "No..."

>My Fan Club (goapa, samar, Grolgthus, I am sure others)

I don't know why I'm being brought into this, since aside from a few conversations with Goapa and Thror I never said anything out loud about what a jackass I thought you were.

>You say your main problem with me, was that once I got the general >slot, I became overbearing, full of myself, like I had (from goapa's >post I think) though I "Had a god-given right".

NO, my main problem with you was that you were a huge jackass, who gave orders with every breath. GOOD leaders don't micromanage every thought of those they command. My first interaction with you with you as General was for you to order me to write a note that was by all rights YOUR responsibility to write, not mine. Then I watched you give countless orders involving horrid tactics that would have led to the deaths of villagers, and you have the root of my dislike for you.

>My answer to that is many-fold.

Oh goody.

>1) The General slot WAS god given. so think up another excuse why you didn't like me

I never said it wasn't why I didn't like you. True I didn't think you deserved the job, there were others I felt not only more deserving, but who wouldn't have been nearly as big a jackass in the position.

>2) You talk about "Having to earn respect". This argument I just don't get. I agree. Noone should "Assume" that they have earned your particular respect. But. In a world where gods are visible, and in a cabal where the Gods are VERY visible...I just don't get how you guys looked at it...

We looked at it that you were VERY new to the cabal, and hadn't really earned our respect yet. Not only were you new but you died a hell of a lot to VERY poor tactics. Not the sort of thing one looks up to in a military leader, so no you had not earned our respect. Up till that point all we had seen from you was you kissing Nerys ass a lot, and leaving corpses of yourself all over Thera.

>Here is how *I* have looked at it in the past, when I was in your situation.
I don't know him. but, the GODS have deemed him worthy, and, because I trust the GODS of my own cabal, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that the Gods, who can see more than me, have seen his worth, even if I have not. Now...if he LOSES my respect...that is another thing, but I will start from the position of giving respect due to anyone the GODS have deemed worthy.

You don't get it. We can explain it to you over and over and I doubt you will EVER get it. Noone disliked you until YOU caused it to be. When I was given the Generals position, the LAST thing I wanted to do was give an order. You need to earn the respect first, give the orders second. You don't want to HAVE to tell everyone what to do all the time, you need to trust that your soldiers know their jobs. Save the orders for when they are needed. You were giving orders in non combat situations to people as well, and thats just not something thats going to make you friends and influence people.

>You, on the other hand, claim that it is every rager's DUTY to treat every leader like utter CRAP until he has personally proved himself to each and every one of you.

No. You are just trying to twist things around and have a little pity party. You pissed people off by your actions, you caused your own loss of respect among the village. Period.

>That's just not how a well oiled fighting force works.

A well ordered fighting force also doesn't have a tyrant micromanaging every thought and breath his soldiers have. You didn't help things be well oiled, and in fact often caused more strife than was necessary by rubbing people the wrong way. Being a leader isn't about winning a popularity contest, but pissing off those you give orders to still can hurt your ability to lead.

>3) Your version of events was this.
I come out of nowhere and get the general slot
The power goes to my head, and I get all overbearing.
you decide to dislike me.

Yep. Thats how it happened. If one person tells you you have ##### on your breath, ignore it. If two people say it, you may want to think about it. If three people say it, you'll be wanting to go and buy yourself some breath mints.

>4) My version of events (again, I had over 100 logs to prove this...but they are all gone) And I believe these are closer to reality.
>I somewhat prove my intelligence to the leadership

But not to the soldiers. All we ever saw you do was die a lot and kiss Nerys ass.

>I get the general position.

See the last line, only now add "And give pointless and wasteful orders".

>I am treated like total and UTTER crap by a few people.
More than a few. Poor you. Nobody likes you, everybody hates you, guess you'll go eat worms. Boo-hoo. You pissed people off, of course they treated you like crap.

>I try to make peace with them.
Uhh I never saw that. Up till the day I con died you were still throwing out random orders and dying all over.

>I finally realize, that each of those treating me like crap are doing so because they believe that either the position SHOULD have gone to them, or that they are SOOO much better than me.

The position WAS mine. I was better than you. Plain and simple. I had the position taken away because I didn't write more notes. Apparently not approving every dickweed you talk to means you aren't doing interviews. Funny however, the two people I DID write notes about in the week or so I was General both got in.

>I finally decide to stop taking crap from the few that are giving it to me (at the prompting of a talk with Intronan, see the log), because I realize there is nothing I can do...short of giving them the general slot, that will "Earn their respect" anyway, so I stop trying.

No no no no no. This was your problem here. You didn't have the confidence of the village because you didn't earn it. You keep pointing to Thror and Intronan and Nery and saying "See! They like me so you have to too". Thats like telling me I ought to think my boss is a great guy just because upper management thinks so. The relationship from below, is vastly different from the relationship from above.

>There was also a feeling that I got from many villagers that I was not welcome in a leadership position because I wasn't one of the "Old-school"

No, you weren't welcome because you were a jackass who made them mad.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AUTO) Sehvoor the Crimson-Toothed [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 08-Mar-02 02:33 AM
Reply As the thread continues to degenerate..., Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #53
Reply Not with a bang...but a wimper., Sehvoor (Guest), 08-Mar-02 04:11 PM, #1
     Reply Ah, a villager I could trust..., Grollaski (Guest), 09-Mar-02 03:21 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nydeikon (Guest), 09-Mar-02 07:31 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Divox, 09-Mar-02 08:42 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nerylana (Guest), 09-Mar-02 11:39 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Loborguz, 10-Mar-02 12:15 AM, #6
     Reply Found some logs, not the good ones...., Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:44 PM, #7
     Reply One of my favorite attempts at solo defending, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:52 PM, #8
     Reply I have 14 logs that look almost exactly like this, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:00 PM, #9
     Reply Edited this one, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:12 PM, #10
     Reply For Grollaski (if too questy, please delete), Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:29 PM, #11
     Reply Sweeeeeeeet!, Grollaski (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:48 PM, #18
     Reply For Lob, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:40 PM, #12
     Reply Go, Samar, Grolg, I will refer you to this post in my, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:57 PM, #13
     Reply I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:45 AM, #39
          Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 11:41 AM, #43
               Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:48 PM, #47
                    Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 03:30 PM, #50
                         Reply Not Flame. Just a question., Goapa (Guest), 14-Mar-02 04:29 PM, #51
                              Reply RE: Not Flame. Just a question., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 06:02 PM, #54
     Reply what Lob had me do for induction, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:16 PM, #14
     Reply RE: what Lob had me do for induction, Ex BT follower (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:57 PM, #31
          Reply chuckle, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 09:23 PM, #34
     Reply Role, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:27 PM, #15
     Reply Descriptions over time, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:29 PM, #16
     Reply some last? words, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:29 PM, #17
          Reply Last Words, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 12:08 PM, #19
          Reply couple things, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 01:30 PM, #20
          Reply bah, never mind., sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 02:10 PM, #21
          Reply RE: bah, never mind., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:17 AM, #38
          Reply Right vs Wrong, HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 02:12 PM, #22
          Reply Situation without flavor., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:01 PM, #26
               Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 06:39 PM, #29
                    Reply RE: Situation without flavor., HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 08:38 PM, #32
                         Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 11:42 PM, #35
          Reply Ok...., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 03:02 PM, #23
          Reply Well..., Intronan, 13-Mar-02 03:34 PM, #25
               Reply Well then answer me this:, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:19 PM, #27
               Reply Very well, Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:23 AM, #41
               Reply RE: Well..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:51 AM, #37
                    Reply Good point but..., Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:30 AM, #42
                         Reply RE: Good point but..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:35 PM, #46
          Reply Sehvoor right, Goapa wrong, comments enclosed, Nerylana (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:07 PM, #30
          Reply Orders from a Superior, Uncle Bob, 13-Mar-02 03:18 PM, #24
               Reply a sidenote..., Trezzy (Guest), 13-Mar-02 08:54 PM, #33
          Reply RE: some last? words, Krajus (Guest), 13-Mar-02 06:10 PM, #28
          Reply No..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:13 AM #36
          Reply well., sehvoor (Guest), 14-Mar-02 06:42 AM, #40
               Reply RE: well., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:29 PM, #45
                    Reply Um, Hello? (Guest), 14-Mar-02 03:05 PM, #48
          Reply One thing I forgot to mention, Sehv (Guest), 14-Mar-02 01:28 PM, #44
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Valguarnera, 14-Mar-02 03:28 PM, #49
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #52
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114 Previous topic | Next topic