Subject: "Thestune is dead" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48034
Show all folders

A2Mon 08-May-06 12:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48034, "Thestune is dead"

Where to begin. What a completely "blah" character. One I thought started with some promise. Healer was the only empowerment class I hadn't played, and I hadn't had an imperial in a while, so right after coming off of couple hundred hours in Outlander, I thought that'd be the way to go. Also, I always *hated* imperial healers, so I figured I'd see what it was like from the other side of things. I have to say, I have nothing but praise for the players that can pull off a Khaso healer in empire, because I couldn't. That was easily the hardest role I've ever personally tried to play. On one hand, I have this urge to be good at my class, be a good healer and keep everyone standing and beat ass. On the other hand, I'm supposed to be an *evil* healer and make everyone my bitch. The only problem with that, is that I need them more than they need me (with exception to defending raiders). So, I found myself in this sort of rp limbo where I was waiting to get the edge over the people around me to play that part and to add to it, everyone happily hooked me up and made it worth my while not giving me any reason to impose that rp on them. Bottom line, I just didn't pull it off, at least in my own mind, and the character was less fun because of that. There were other things that detracted from the fun of the character, namely that RotD log that got out. The last month has sucked bad, I tried to stick it out because I don't mind being the underdog. It was fun as Laenelis, whereas it was just completely frustrating as a healer. Add to that, I left for a week for vacation in new orleans and I couldn't find a connection I could play from, I come back to all new people in empire and only have 500k donations instead of 7million.

Khaso: Thanks for the empowerment, I think you're a badass imm/mortal/player, really disappointed in myself to come to you with a character like this that I never really was able to get into. Also, I don't begrudge you for the demotion from high priest, but I stand by the fact that waiting for them to hit the throne room was suicide.

Grurk: Fun as usual. I loved when you'd talk to me over the sect channel. Toeing the line with you always put a smile on my face. I almost slipped up at one point and called you "Angry Father" though.

Grunlath: I thought you rocked. Empire would be a gibbering cluster#### to rival the fort, you'd log in, and we turned into a steamroller. The fact that you would also go out solo and take it to them (and I know you did since I saw it from the other side previously) made it that much better.

Lotruk: I almost cried when you got denied. And I still never saw anything that made me think you perma'd, not when I was on anyway. I missed my pet-monster.

Blades: It was insane that with just one of you, we could do so much damage.

Cabdru: I didn't deal with you much, but from the little talking we did, lot of style points.

Enemies: Most of you were solid. Some of you were not.

In the end, the character just never really came out, it always felt so forced. Evil healer is not a class/align combination I'm going to jump on again anytime soon.

Later

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicThestune is dead [View all] , A2, Mon 08-May-06 12:41 AM
Reply Liked our few battles., Ythoros (Guest), 09-May-06 10:56 AM, #21
Reply Fighting people like you and Kavan, A2, 09-May-06 01:31 PM, #22
Reply Thanks for all the owaza practice., Kavan (Guest), 08-May-06 04:32 PM, #16
Reply RE: Thanks for all the owaza practice., A2, 09-May-06 09:14 AM, #20
Reply I kept trying and trying to run in to you again, Tyrelyn (Guest), 08-May-06 11:59 AM, #11
Reply RE: I kept trying and trying to run in to you again, A2, 08-May-06 02:43 PM, #12
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, Adhelard. (Guest), 08-May-06 11:17 AM, #9
Reply We never talked, A2, 08-May-06 11:49 AM, #10
Reply Well Thats a pity!, Ysaloerye, 08-May-06 09:46 AM, #7
Reply However, not a pity that you imm'd, A2, 08-May-06 03:45 PM, #15
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, nepenthe, 08-May-06 07:56 AM, #6
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, A2, 08-May-06 02:47 PM, #13
Reply This is good news!, Valguarnera, 08-May-06 03:11 PM, #14
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, nepenthe, 08-May-06 05:49 PM, #17
     Reply Alright., A2, 09-May-06 08:58 AM, #19
          Reply RE: Alright., nepenthe, 09-May-06 05:43 PM, #23
Reply Healers strike for the seas!, Dwoggurd, 08-May-06 06:11 PM, #18
Reply Blah!, Khasotholas, 08-May-06 06:22 AM, #4
Reply That first line pretty much sums everything up, A2, 08-May-06 10:59 AM, #8
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, Grunlath (Guest), 08-May-06 01:56 AM, #3
Reply a4, Khasotholas, 08-May-06 07:09 AM, #5
Reply I may have doubted your word on issues on that other fo..., AA (Guest), 08-May-06 12:49 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks, A2, 08-May-06 12:53 AM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48034 Previous topic | Next topic