Subject: "Alas, all good things must come to an end." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124974
Show all folders

AthiolesSat 18-Jul-15 11:40 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124975, "Alas, all good things must come to an end."
Edited on Sat 18-Jul-15 11:42 PM

I always get way too long winded with these things. I always forget way too many people in the process. So this time I'm going to try and keep it short and sweet. Anyone who wants to know anything specific will have to ask:

I rolled Sindrir because the middle ranges were plump full of thieves and assassins. I had no intention of making it past 30. I just wanted to see if I could stomach Duergar vulns for a future project. Then I got utterly stacked (thanks Deathkitty's Invoker #1... and Invoker #2) and next thing i knew I was 26-0 or something in PK. A bit after that I was wrapped up in the political side of things and I quickly realized why so many people love the Imperial dynamic.

What everyone will want to know about is the coup. I got Anathema for being mouthy after I gave the Orb to the Orcs because we'd lost the Codex during a simultaneous raid. I got demoted again (I'd already been Anathema once before over a misunderstanding) and well, Sindrir isn't the type to say "thank you sir may I have another." I was pretty pissed, as a player. I was going to delete and start something else. I apologize to the people around me at those moments as I was probably slipping into ooc (a sin I rarely commit). Then Destuvius came down and got me fired up again. He's good at that. I don't know that I've seen a CF imm that can dictate the direction of a story while making a shove feel like a subtle nudge.

So after I was cast out I knew I had two options. Either make this an all out war against Empire or try to frame it like I was the good guy. I had nothing against Zhabala and even less against Xeneth (aside from the infrequent log in's) but I had to make them seem like the cancer that was killing Empire. Thus the notes, thus the strategic raiding/killing, etc. I honestly dont' think what I did could have worked at any other time in my six years of playing here. The stars and circumstances were right for something this drastic to take place. I also hope it gives future Anathema a reason to keep playing. This is an amazing realm where anything can happen. You just have to push for it.

When I got Emperor I knew my time would be short. I was basically only living based on -age gear. Tonight I died to villagers and didn't even make it three steps from my pit. For all the people whining about me not taking chances, that's why. I knew I was on my last death for many weeks now.

On to the goodbyes,

Destuvius: A thousand thank you's for everything. The opportunities, the pep talks, etc. I got mouthy with you a few times ("You've made a great enemy" and such nonsense) but I hope you saw that for it was: Sindrir was stupid and insecure. Making me kill Kregan was a great arc for the character, even though it sucked. I really had to wrestle with that decision.

Kregan: Which brings me to my mentor and War Master. The perfect Blade, the perfect companion. When you got promoted I knew I had to overthrow you, it was my role. Sindrir had killed his own father and brothers, nothing could stop him from his ascent. Well, nothing except Kregan. I had to write into my role that you were the one person who Sindrir had ever assigned any value to because I just coudln't bring myself to stab you in the back. The sacrifices you made both for the Empire and for Sindrir were massive. That untold story that rarely makes it into the history books yet served as the foundation for the accomplishments. I'm glad you got those echoes, they were fitting. I really felt bad when you didn't get back in. I'm glad you took it so well. I still feel partially responsible.

Yaztran: Thank you for taking the journey with me. We were a real force to be reckoned with when we were on the same page. Go get Emperor you deserve it.

Galeroux: You seem very new. I hope you take the frustrations in stride. Not many players can say they were cherry picked as a Dread Lord while still roaming around in fine leather armor. Keep it going.

Fessara: Silent but deadly. I wish I could have seen how our relationship would have developed going forward but we play opposite schedules. Keep the village in line.

Zhabala: As I said above it was truly nothing personal. I really wish you'd of joined me. I felt like there wasn't anything in the game pc or npc that we couldn't topple together.

Xeneth: I eluded to it above, it was nothing personal. I enjoyed trading barbs via note with you. I may post some of them on Dios if you don't mind. (When I'm unbanned that is, which reminds me: NbM you're still a bitch).

Ulthrok: I finally got to be on the same side as Twist. Not nearly long enough. Thank you for the RC win (and to you too, Raybaer) and the hell trip. I still can't believe we made it after having to sit in Dis for 3 days.

Nhasheli: To the above I have to again apologize for costing you all your gear in that Hell run. I really wasn't thinking after 9+ hours or whatever it was. We should have waited for you to get your things before pressing on. Both of your invokers were awesome and absolute game changers for Empire. Your presence was badly missed and I would have loved to see how you would have acted during the civil war.

Sulnegn: Keep on trucking man. You're doing a great job.

Aaolatha: I meant what I said right before I logged out. I really didn't like you but you grew on me like a cancerous little ball. You know what you need to do.

Altovos: Since I can't post on Dios I'll say this here: You did not have enough gold to be promoted. When you asked I told you to get 40 more. You told me you were tired of being "strung along". If 80 gold is too much you never would have made it, Pro. An elite has anywhere from 300-1000 at any given time. I myself donated over 3k in my life time. I was very clear and even polite while trying to explain to this you. You say you "questioned" me? ####, you said (and I quote): "Do you want a bard or not?" I answered not and you were my one and only Anathema. I don't care who you are, what you are, you can't talk to an Emperor (or anyone else for that matter) like that. With that being said I encourage you to try again. It's a great cabal.

Daphedee: So many plans, so little time. I wish you'd of come long about 400 hours earlier. The game is always better when there's a kickass High Herald.

Hitripimpilimpimpi: You were the main reason I kept going after Anathema. Thank you for the help, the advice and the laughs. It's the first time in a long time that I'd even consider playing Tribunal and it's all because of what you've built.

Enemies: Too many to name. Some good, some bad, some ugly. On a parting note I get that this CF and PK is the backbone of why we play but this full looting trend needs to stop. Take what you want, take what you need, but just emptying someone's corpse to sacrifice everything is a #### move. Can't we all just get along?

Rhyaldrin (Dwarf warrior, Rhyme)
Athioles (Human warrior, Captain of Fort)
Azhelak (Felar ranger, Sunwarden)
Aucius (Human necro, Dread Lord)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Sindrir Hraesson the Viper of Aran... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 18-Jul-15 11:08 PM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Sindrir Hraesson the Viper of ..., marintok, 21-Jul-15 08:23 AM, #12
Reply The Epitaph on Sindrir and Kregan., Rdenbrel, 21-Jul-15 02:35 AM, #11
Reply RE: The Epitaph on Sindrir and Kregan., Jarmel, 21-Jul-15 05:44 PM, #13
Reply Dude!, Dead Man, 19-Jul-15 09:15 AM, #5
Reply Grrrrrrrr., TMNS, 19-Jul-15 09:59 PM, #10
Reply Alas, all good things must come to an end., Athioles, 18-Jul-15 11:42 PM #1
     Reply RE: Alas, all good things must come to an end., polmier, 18-Jul-15 11:59 PM, #2
     Reply Well done on Age Death, Bemused, 19-Jul-15 12:02 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Alas, all good things must come to an end., Kregan (Anonymous), 19-Jul-15 01:15 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Alas, all good things must come to an end., Aaoltha. (Anonymous), 19-Jul-15 11:17 AM, #6
     Reply Glad you had fun with it, Destuvius, 19-Jul-15 06:11 PM, #7
     Reply I knew a curve ball was coming. I just didn't know what..., Athioles, 19-Jul-15 09:43 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Alas, all good things must come to an end., Zhabala (Anonymous), 23-Jul-15 03:56 AM, #14
     Reply Enjoyed very much our IC hatred., Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 19-Jul-15 12:05 PM, #
          Reply Monks are one nut I never figured out how to crack., Athioles, 19-Jul-15 09:51 PM, #9
               Reply Inn bodyguards had your back. n/t, Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 19-Jul-15 11:28 PM, #15
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124974 Previous topic | Next topic