Subject: "Rest easier, evil doers." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111757
Show all folders

Clahier (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 09:22 AM
Charter member
#111764, "Rest easier, evil doers."

Well, that was a lot of fun.

I've played several conjurers before and this was one where I was able to put it all together through the life of the character. I know a lot of people liked to moan and complain about my reward (more on that in a bit), but I was pking people right out the gate, with wands before I could conjure, and hell, I think I even had 5-6 kills with the owl soling them. Playing a conjurer is a lot about getting a feel for things, especially combat. I still remember some of my first conjies wondering why one of my servitors didn't help when I needed it to, how people got away so easy when it goes well, and how did I die so fast were early thougths. And with then when it all starts to click, a lot of times I was thinking...holy crap, that worked out perfectly.

Role was completely based around angels....idea was Clahier's mother died in some sort of accident at a conjurer's lab that sent her into labor, an angel was conjured in it, saw the baby untouched by the world and completely pure still in this world of Thera were evil touched everything at some point. So, it took pity, revived the dying baby with a kiss, and then protected it until someone came to raise it.

For goobyes, good lord there are a lot.

Baerinka first. I'd always wanted to have a conjurer strong in your religion. I think this was the first conjurer of mine to get your tattoo and the whole religion was great for the mentality of an angel calling fort conjie. You were really great at saying the right things at the right time in her life to spur her on to something more. Starting out RP-wise I tried to go for behaving a lot like an angel, silent and watching until something brought on action...namely anything evil, and the whole diplomat title thing changed that a LOT since everyone wanted to talk to her after that. The gnome she killed in the past and the talk that followed that was one that changed the flow of the character more than I could have imagined. Thanks for everything.

Eachannin and Vallinane both stand out as well in Clahier's life. Thanks to both of you as well.

The rest of the names jumble up into a great big huge mass of people. I talked to a lot of people, especially people trying to learn the Baer religion. I hope I managed to help people that came to me for that, because I had the impression that I approached it a bit differently than a lot of people did. The main thing I tried for is to get people to mold things to fit themselves instead of looking for a connect the dots sort of ideal.

For the rewards. First thing I'll say the freaking out on boards about things got really old. Things that are said in message boards really affect play in game, and I could see it each time someone sparked up a big rant.

Greater angels was a RC reward. From what I could tell, the archangel of light was essentially a lesser archangel that occationally would call light of heavens, was damn near impossible to kill by anything, and also could punch though resistances to holy. So while it was goof for fighting in the chasm, it also was very bad at it, because there was something in the Chasm that would consistently cause the angel to leave early. I was still killing people with lesser archangels to the die I died, and that skill, while awesome, was by no means as big a deal as people made it out to be.

I lost more con from the owl familiar dying than anything else, and wrote a role entry at some point about it, which was about Clahier being worried about the owls constitution to keep up with her warring way of life. Baer set me up sometime later with a quest to get a new familiar, wich was easy by no means, and I kind of wondered at the time if she meant for me to not be able to do it. Took a few weeks of work, which ended up being a lot of fun once I got going, and the end result was a faerie dragon familiar. Was a big turning point as well, because my playstyle was really focused on using the owl at that point, and was a really fun RP topic as well.

At the very end the dragon was upgraded, and I had huge plans for it, but accidentally cut off however many hours I had left by wearing all when I forgot I was carrying two +age items...piss. I won't go into what that one could do, because I only got to use it for about 2 hours anyhow.

For anyone I didn't mention, I know there are lots, post and I'll get back with you. Thanks everyone. And see you in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Clahier Malaika the Caller of Ri... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 12-Nov-12 11:36 PM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Clahier Malaika the Caller o..., Daevryn, 15-Nov-12 07:53 PM, #13
Reply This, incognito, 16-Nov-12 05:42 AM, #14
     Reply RE: This, Daevryn, 16-Nov-12 05:52 PM, #16
Reply Rest easier, evil doers., Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 09:22 AM #5
Reply I really hated me some Clahier., Zameida (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 02:02 PM, #6
Reply RE: I really hated me some Clahier., Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 02:33 PM, #7
     Reply Was it when it was maledicted?, Artificial, 13-Nov-12 06:44 PM, #8
          Reply Very likely, Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 06:50 PM, #9
Reply Nice!, Mardrorn (Anonymous), 14-Nov-12 06:23 PM, #10
Reply Glad to have known you even for a little while., Duvam (Anonymous), 15-Nov-12 05:34 AM, #12
Reply What I remember was decent, incognito, 16-Nov-12 05:46 AM, #15
Reply Aww ####!, Rayihn, 13-Nov-12 08:47 AM, #3
Reply RE: Aww ####!, Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 09:21 AM, #4
     Reply I lolled., DurNominator, 15-Nov-12 04:32 AM, #11
Reply Good job. A very impressive effort., TMNS, 13-Nov-12 03:14 AM, #2
Reply Take care!, Drog (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 12:11 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111757 Previous topic | Next topic