Subject: "Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108208
Show all folders

Sogs (NOT Dvalygg)Mon 16-Apr-12 06:50 PM
Charter member
Edited on Mon 16-Apr-12 06:54 PM

I had hoped to stay around long enough to see the fruition of my recent labors (the altar thing), but two things happened.

First, I was growing a little bit tired of the character. I was extremely well aware of my PK limitations and capabilities, and I was growing a little tired of trying to creep out and threaten priests.

Second, my computer straight up broke the other night between some skirmishes with a paladin and an air/offense shifter. (I'm typing this up on an older computer I was since able to get up and running).

Before I logged in the next day, I saw that Dvalygg was killed by the two on Twitter. So I wasn't terribly surprised when I logged in the next day at the pit with no gear. Yes, it wouldn't have taken much to get up and running again, I guess, but I have a lot of other real life stuff going on right now - a marriage coming up in two months, work schedule changes, etc. I don't want my hours upon hours of CF time becoming an issue with my bride-to-be.

Even though I took advantage of a moment of CF frustration to delete Dvalygg, I still struggled not to log back in and undo the delete. I really enjoyed this character, mostly because Scarabaeus is awesome. Every interaction was sweet, and I can't think of a single IMM I've interacted with who adds more depth, texture and a feeling of history to the game.

I rolled this character with two goals in mind: To play a definitive Great Wild Beast character and to get as many (sporting) solo-pks as I could with an uncaballed, disliked necromancer.

I'd always wanted a good GWB follower, and wanted to figure out how it's different from the Ruby Scarab. It's much more different than you'd think, though both religions are compatible. I highly recommend giving it a try - just don't fall into the trap of thinking of it as Wilderness-Scarab, because that's not what it is.

I initially wanted to lich, but I realized it was the biggest stretch from an RP standpoint of someone who treasures his mortal pleasures and instincts. That's why I went nutty about vampires when Scarabaeus teased me about it. Also, as someone who has had both quests, mummy quests are WAYYYY easier than lich quests, even though mummies far less powerful than liches. Mummies have a ceiling that just doesn't exist with liches.

Mummy powers are kind of cool, but not practical. I only used Umbra occasionally... it has drawbacks. Abstraction was way more of a liability than a help. Dissolution is OK, but the timer is horrible. Mummy vulns were kind of a shock at first.

Imms:

Scarabaeus: Congrats in the IMP-hood. Hope Dvalygg's deletion didn't mess up any big quests or plans... the PBF comment has me wondering what I missed out on. You made this my favorite tat'd character ever. The mission you gave me - killing priests of all rival gods - was incredibly enjoyable and breathed a second life into this character when I felt like I was losing steam.

P.S. That power is amazing.
P.P.S. Please don't make that Saraba altar too cool or reopen the Inferno anytime soon. I don't want a reason to come back yet.

I can't recall any other Imms I interacted with, except for a brief chat with Reksah (thanks for that prize).

Mortals:

Various GWB wannabes: Stop saying "Embrace the Darkness." That'll go a long way.

FORTRESS: Some of you were hoarding powerful evil gear and playing super-conservatively or never logging on. That's pretty lame.

Illanthos: Did I ever kill you? I don't think I did, and that pisses me off. Had a good rivalry with you.

Vallinane: I don't think I enjoyed killing anyone as much as you. You were really slippery, and it always felt like an accomplishment to pin you down. Then, you started fighting much smarter and doing things in group fights that put me at risk of getting killed. Had my heart pumping a couple of times.

Vozmuir: You've got a build that really wrecks mages, and especially necros. You seem to play it well.

Garwern: Probably my number-one enemy in early mummyhood. We had great backs-and-forths and a lot of bad blood (but in a good, clean, IC way).

BATTLE: None are sticking out except for Akedeh(?), the arial warrior leader. Man, he gave me a tough time right after I mummied. I think he three-rounded me twice, while I had like 1600 hps.

OUTLANDER: Dvalygg always believed you weren't as wild as you claimed. It was fun talking down to you.

Zosi: We had a good rivalry for a while, even pre-mummy. You were tough!

Onya: I wanted to get you bad, but never had the chance. That fight on the open sea was very fun and memorable.

EMPIRE: Felt bad kicking some of you while you were down, so I stopped doing it so routinely a while back.

SCIONS: I loosely allied with Scions but didn't like being seen as too cozy... Dvalygg was kind of a naturalist at heart, ironically.

Rindros: Great character, and major powerhouse. Hasn't been the same since you deleted.

Tavlin: You were way likeable from my standpoint.
Favorite moment: Tavlin tells you 'You should summon a cloud giant lumberjack right now."

Chancellor with the Ice Drake form - Amazing character. Wish I could remember your name, but thanks so much for helping me get my last mummy quest item.

I'm sure I owe other people goodbyes. I'll try to reply if you post.

Thanks all for a fun experience.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assassin,... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 16-Apr-12 04:28 PM
Reply Goodbyes, Sogs (NOT Dvalygg), 16-Apr-12 06:54 PM #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daevryn, 16-Apr-12 07:02 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, GarwernPally (Anonymous), 16-Apr-12 07:46 PM, #7
Reply oh sure just forget me, Tontik, 16-Apr-12 09:59 PM, #8
Reply GWB goodness, Scarabaeus, 16-Apr-12 10:23 PM, #9
Reply :'( -nt-, Zynzyn (Anonymous), 20-Apr-12 05:51 PM, #13
Reply So many times we met when you could have one shot me, Artificial, 16-Apr-12 10:58 PM, #10
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Odrallag, 16-Apr-12 11:00 PM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ruch (Anonymous), 17-Apr-12 07:48 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assas..., Enlilth, 16-Apr-12 04:33 PM, #1
     Reply Conspicuous after the twitter post, Oldril, 16-Apr-12 04:51 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Conspicuous after the twitter post, Enlilth, 16-Apr-12 04:55 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Conspicuous after the twitter post, Borkahd, 16-Apr-12 06:27 PM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108208 Previous topic | Next topic