Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIt happens, but no point getting upset
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=74716&mesg_id=74718
74718, It happens, but no point getting upset
Posted by FullmoonCat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are a few of us who don't play alts and who play long hours, and yeah you end up noticing things. The imms catch people sometimes. There was a recent case where a player had two characters denied due to some alt character shenanigans. For the most part, if you notice anything too heinous, you need to report it because imms are not super active and don't have eyes on everything.

But then there's non-cheating level alt fairweather play, and it's not technically against the rules. Some people don't like playing against massive odds, so they log out. If they wait a short period before logging in an alt, it's not cheating. You can call it a lame way to play, and I'd kind of agree with you, but I also don't want to too harshly judge the way other people have fun. I want all of the players to have fun. And unfortunately, sometimes what they think is fun won't coincide with what I think is fun.

In the end, it is a free to play game with a small volunteer staff. It is the players who make the game what it is. I try to take a "be the change you want to see" approach. I don't like alts. I don't like murderbot characters. I like higher RP standards. So those are the things I focus on myself. I can't control what other people do. But I have noticed positive responses to my characters which I really do believe will, over time, cascade into changes in other's playstyles if they find enjoyment there.

Anyway, for what it is worth. Welcome back to CF.