Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectInteresting suggestion
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=74581&mesg_id=74585
74585, Interesting suggestion
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hadn't thought of a multiplier based on how many mummies are around. I guess that would be something. But really, my issue isn't with mummies. I do pretty well against them, usually.

My issue is the formulaic process. It just seems... Standard or by the books. I see necros doing "the process" a lot, and it lacks something. Like it's a math problem rather than an interesting deep dive into very strong and powerful dark magic. Which isn't the worst, exactly, but I think we should always look for ways to improve.

And to your first point about people just figuring it out again. That's why I suggested adding a RP aspect. So it wouldn't be a pretty set formula. I'm not saying you have to RP like you would for a Lich. But rather making decent RP a factor. Or RP'ing with an IMM a few times to "pass" the mummy exam, if you will. (It wouldn't be an actual exam. More of a determination by the IMM doing the RP'ing as to whether they "deserve" the quest or whatever.)

To speak on your thoughts on Lich. Lichdom is a much more time consuming and IMM involved process then what I'm thinking of for Mummy. (As I am to understand it based on IMM comments from the past) I'm thinking just a couple of good RP sessions or maybe a small RP quest. Nothing big. But something to make becoming more... Interesting or less formulaic.

Lastly, I'm really not sure this suggestion would necessarily make for less mummies. A little bit of RP with with an IMM or a relatively small quest doesn't sound too ridiculous. To me, anyways.