Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSort of the idea to have a weaker spectral thing on the...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41441&mesg_id=41591
41591, Sort of the idea to have a weaker spectral thing on the...
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did forget the no knock out part, which I guess does push them up more. I was thinking a necro that lands a sleep would just rape them.
But then, disruption might work on them instead, and equally F*** them up.

What these lack compared to a lich:
Phylacteries.
Zombie armies.
Being good aligned is just a major drawback in a lot of player's eyes.
No vamp touch for rapid healing.
Can't be mages so limited dam reduction.
Place timers on the ability to use all the inherents, so it's not permanent. Make them have lengthy cool downs and not usable until high levels.
And they would be rare, so maybe 2 or 3 slots tops at any time.

They have no means of teleportation, which is really a major drawback.
A recall skill that fails consistently under adrenaline means to get out of fights, they have to run or risk lagging themselves.
I see them dying frequently because of this actually.
Make them unable to phase while under adrenaline, like assassin hide.

Probably the stats could use tweaking, but generally not being able to quaff to get away would suck.

They're still melee classes, which I find to generally be weaker than mage on a power scheme.
Okay, probably put in a no villager code.
And remove paladins/shamans because they would cover the major drawbacks with sups.

As warriors/thieves/assassins/rangers(without scroll or talisman abilitiy) I actually think they would still get slaughtered pretty easily by competent people because they really can't get out of a fight very easily.

Just thoughts.
Why should evils have all the fun things after all?