Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI had an idea once, for a mud I was working on.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41441&mesg_id=41548
41548, I had an idea once, for a mud I was working on.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was good aligned nature lovers, who embrace nature to a degree even beyond the elves. All of their houses, armor, weapons, medicine, secondary skills, etc are based around/made from living things. Their armor absorbs more damage, if it is their ancestral armor (IE crustaceans that were bred to be fitted on as armor, so your armor is an actual living being), weapons do more damage etc. Their ancestral armor and weapons and all have a durability issue however and will do their thing for so long, or take so much damage in the case of armor, and die, which necessitates getting a new one, or using "unfamiliar" armor/weapon/gear types and suffering a penalty.

Their morale is directly affected by the status of their living implements, as they worship life. Maybe some sort of symbiotic "magic" for some inherent abilities, and much like orcs they are limited to one "class" with a few ways to specialize. A warrior caste and a priest case for instance. Female centrism religion, much like the drow, only in this case the female is considered the avatar of the Earth Mother among their people, or some junk like that. They can only join Outlander or Fortress as cabals, because they consider the Tribunals to be blasphemers by defending the cities. Not necessarily homicidally so, but to the degree that they don't travel.

I dunno, it was something I was actually working on fleshing out when the guy I had doing my coding flaked out on me because I banged his wife.