Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHound Archonesque
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41441&mesg_id=41506
41506, Hound Archonesque
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still havnt come up with a good name for them. Something that inspires hound or wolf.
Though, I honestly wanted to come up with a name for their deity and naming them partly after that.
I think the hardest part would be coming up with the name.

General concept:

A mix of a human and a hound/dog bound to this world by dark conjurers they overturned their rule broke their bindings and now walk Thera.
They were once Hound Archons, but were permidently bound to Thera by dark magics. With no chance of making it back home, they began to populate Thera.
In short, Strong dog warriors with divine blood, very wise but not overwhelmingly intelligent.

Alternative storyline:

Forced to flee as their plane of existence was destroyed. However, in a final act of good, their patron deity saved them just as she was slain.
These former hound archons still retain some of their divine blood/power though now cut off from their deity that once watched over them.
While these creatures now roam Thera, only some of true heart are born with the "divine gift". While strong, hearty, and wise, they are not overly intelligent.

Physical looks:

They would be more human than dog. Much like felar, can have hair covering most of their bodies.
Their face would definately look dog-like. Their muzzle can vary from large and pronounced to smaller but never looking the a chiwawa.
Their heads generally look like a wolf or hound. Has many variations of color and size due human/dog nature.

Alignment:

Good but leaning towards chaotic as well. I wouldnt restrict it so they cannot be lawful, it just should be a little more rare.

Equipment:

Restrictions to footwear but not gloves. Restrictions to facewear/helmets. Also has a tail slot.

Resistances:

Some of their divine blood still courses through their veins, making them resistant to negative energy and diseases.
Similarly it could be their divine blood could protect them from slash/pierce/blunt like giant resist.

Vuln: Fire -due to hair

Stats: 22ish str, 19ish dex, 22ish con, 18ish int, 23-24ish wis, medium/low charisma

Classes: Assassin, Shaman, Paladin, Warrior, Ranger

Inherent:
Infravision/detect evil vision passive ability.
Divine Howl - Improved warcry & +damage roll, does damage to evil or could improve group morale. :)
Free bite attacks in combat :)

Personality:

Being foreign to Thera, they are not quite understood. Making them standoffish.
Their actions may seem brash or arrogant but they are truly kind at heart.
They tend to stick together in families or packs within cities however, some of them
do venture out (Adventurers) to see what difference they can make in Thera.
Their chaotic tendencies began shortly after they were cut off from their home plain.
Most but not all rejected their old Lawful nature but some still hold to the old ways.

The second idea my roomate came up with... Nymphs...hawt nymphs. :) Female only, good aligned, kills with a look. ;)
Hot deadlyness. Oh, and they can only be assassins.

Last note: I liked the alternative storyline more.

***Edit: Grammar/formatting.