Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLikes and Dislikes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41441&mesg_id=41487
41487, Likes and Dislikes
Posted by fist-law on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I Like:

-Good-aligned nomads.
-The backstory concept is cool, with the being imprisoned by an ancient evil angle. I could see Reksah playing a crucial role in their introduction. I'd like to see them as a natural enemy to shadowy creatures, such as the Ccul'gra.
-High wisdom.

I Dislike:

-Similarity in build to elves, just more see-through.
-Vulnerability to negative. On the contrary, I'd propose making them resistant to negative power.
-Overall stat design. I like the high wisdom, but I'd like to see a race with high wisdom mixed with good physical stats. Wisdom is too often tied in with intelligence, and I don't think they need to be. This could be made more unique by taking a different stat approach.
-Translucence. I'm having trouble picturing it without making the whole look of thera into something bizarre. I propose some sort of off-shoot of the K'sra, since they already have a background, are generally thought of as unique/cool, and are reptilian (which would be completely new to CF as a playable race). Also, I think there is definitely wiggle-room with the K'sra mythos for a sub-race that might want to take on evil instead of just...not see it.

So to sum it up:

-Change stats to high wisdom + high str/dex/or con (some combination of those), medium intelligence, low or medium charisma.
-Change race appearance to something reptilian. Come on, a tail and the ability to bite could be pretty cool!
-Tweak vulns and resists a bit.
-Keep backstory concept and racial dispositions.

Now, as a completely new spin on it, I'd propose this:

Allow for a very rare chance (think, more rare than minotaur) to have an opportunity to make one of these EVIL instead of good during character creation. Add anti-paladin to its class options and let the good times roll.

All that said, I *do* like your idea as-is, and if it went in like that I'd be thrilled. But, I think these changes might be more ideal. Just my .02 and don't take it personal.