Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThe Hollow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41441&mesg_id=41466
41466, The Hollow
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once upon a time there was a game called Shadowbane, which had a race called Shades, which were essentially misunderstood albino humans (every once in awhile humans would have a Shade instead of a normal human). They had white skin, and no hair iirc. They were also said to lack souls and be linked with death. Something like that.

I thought this idea would be interesting to bring into CF.

First to preface, it is elf culture that makes elves goodies is my understanding. Storm giants, however, have a strong empathy that makes them goodies. I wanted something of a mix of both with this idea.

Backstory:

Through the treachery of the Betrayer, Jullias, for a time, the universe was unmade. Only through the will of one who was already once unmade, was the world brought back to what it was. However, nothing ever returns exactly as it was, for wounds oft leave scars.

Humans began having children foreign to them. They had pale white features, no hair, and were said to possess the cold eyes of the dead. Most were killed at birth, so horrible was the sight of them.

Recently, a few have been surviving to adulthood, as it was learned that despite their dead eyes, they have a very strong inherent understanding of right and wrong, and always tend towards the light. This has lead to varied cultural understandings of their birth, that they lack souls, and do good to earn one, or that they are evil souls, and seek redemption, among many others.

Despite their pure tendencies, the hollow have an extreme aversion to magic, and no affinity for it. They are resistant to holy and unholy alike, however, lending further support to the ideas surrounding them.

-----

Not certain what stats they'd have. Similar to human, possibly lower int, and lower charisma. Slightly higher str wisd and dex perhaps?

Tend towards priestly classes, cannot be mages, and perhaps not bards either.

vuln magic, resist positive and negative

Feel free to completely change anything about it.