Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNo, I understood you.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33543&mesg_id=33617
33617, No, I understood you.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just happen to disagree and think it's OK to kill a sentient neutral mob for gold/gear.

I'm sympathetic to your argument that a good person wouldn't kill someone unless their own life was in danger - but this is the game Carrionfields, not real life in 2010. In the game, Carrionfields, my POV is based on both game mechanics and RP reasons.

Game mechanics wise, I think it is a no brainer that good aligns should be able to kill neutral aligns. Players should not have to play on Pro's level of PK suckiness if they want to play a good align. Even you, who've had several PK successful evil characters, had a 5-13 PK record (or something like that) with the last good align paladin you played (that I'm aware of). I wouldn't be happy handcuffing myself to a playstyles that results in a 5-13 PK record. That's just not entertaining to me. Again, I wouldn't play a good align given the current game mechanics if I couldn't kill a sentient neutral NPC.

RP wise, my rationale is simply that these mobs are neutral, not good. These mobs are neutral, not "innocent." In the Carrionfields worlds, mobs and players are their alignement for a reason. There's a reason why you have the red aura and not the gold aura, even if you are a goblin baby. There's a reason you have no aura and not a gold aura, even if you're the sentient dragon guarding the Jade Vaults. There's nothing in the good align helpfile that states you should not kill neutrals - it states you should avoid harming "innocent bystanders." IMO, an "innocent bystander" has a Gold Aura. Neutrals, without that aura, are not "innocent." Again, there's a reason why they're Neutral and not Good.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but really this is a rehash of Valg's thread re: Good Alignment handicaps.