Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Best way to equalize mages and melee
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31904&mesg_id=32422
32422, RE: Best way to equalize mages and melee
Posted by wjdenny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I second this.. I usually play mages, and have been playing CF off and on for a few years.. still slowly getting the hang of it. It just seems too easy for a rager, even an applicant, to bash me down. I know if they couldnt see invis, that it would be hella easy for the character to be invis their entire life and avoid any pk.. but maybe there could be a compromise.

maybe have the applicants/rager detectinvis not entirely reliable.. like they might know if an invis person is around but not see them, or see them intermittently. This seems more "realistic" for villagers as a person, hypothetically, could learn to sense invisible beings, and maybe see them occasionally.. but to straight up see the invisible like a mage kind of devalues both the invis and detect invis spells for casters, imo.

along with this sub-topic of mages vs melee, it does seem unbalanced how mages suck comparatively at lower levels, but could win the fight at hero. I dont like the idea of making mages more powerful, or more defensive to compensate.. but something to better their chances of avoiding a fight would be nice.

There are of course places to go to hide, but sometimes you need to do other things.. and hiding in some remote location .. well, you might as well just log out.

so im definitely in favor of something that makes invis a little more useful, but not so much to effectivly replace duo or improved invis. Ooh.. maybe on top of what we have now (even with detect invis preps and powers) let invis do an intermittent effect of hiding you on the where command?