Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAdjust XP penalties, adjust ranking areas, adjust where
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31904&mesg_id=32086
32086, Adjust XP penalties, adjust ranking areas, adjust where
Posted by Amortis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Right now it's a powerranking culture, and I can't keep up. I notice if there is a good group, the other two are ready to continue for 8 straight hours until they hero!

mid-ranks used to be full of PK'ing, now, for most, to enjoy pk'ing you are either committed to walking the ends of Thera for an hour until you find someone or ranking up, joining a cabal, and raiding.

Soooo, maybe look at the following

Racial XP penalties:

I want to see more race/class combos - i'm tired of only human necromancers and human thieves.

I like how warriors work, with the different races offering different options in combination with legacies. But again, it's also why the drow warriors don't necessarily take their time.

If not adjusting the xp penalties, maybe adjust the spell/saves/hit level mechanics. Really, if you are a higher rank, shouldn't just knowing more skills and having more HP be enough of an advantage?

Ranking areas:

When the mud was geographically smaller, it was dangerous (and fun) to rank, because you were so much easier to find... and that meant more PK fights. Not just because there were twice the people on. To find someone now, it's no fun. I never played cabals, but I do now, just so I can find a fight easier. Either you should choose to hide and be bored, or take risk and be out there.

You talked awhile back about adjusting Where to potentially locate people in adjacent areas, I think that is a great idea.

I also really really think that easy-to-get-to areas should be ranking friendly - no camo'd rangers one-shotting you, no impaling skeletons, I mean, honestly. So you have incentive to be there, but risk getting attacked. On that note, there need to be more places for thieves to sneak around and find ranking groups :p Too ranger-friendly right now!

Definitely worth looking at. What keeps me playing is the exploring and endless details of classes to learn, but I miss lowbie PK fun.