Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Then why reveal you played cadbru in the first place?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13519&mesg_id=13634
13634, RE: Then why reveal you played cadbru in the first place?
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>That aside, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth and would
>rather never really know.

I'd rather you didn't know either, but I made a mistake, it's out everywhere, and we might as well talk about it.

>But it does leave something to
>question, you have to admit. If your the only one who can be
>so sucessful, do you really have no advantage?

I don't think it's just me. Certainly a lot of the people who have played CF for 10+ years could accomplish similar feats. Granted, a lot of them, like Zulg, Sebeok, Gareth, etc. are imms or ex-imms.

For some A-P-specific examples, to this day I think Nabburak was starting to see that kind of inertia when his council betrayed/anathed him and he deleted. (That whole episode is still one that there's a certain amount of disagreement about, so let's just leave it there.) Certainly Tikar couldn't have been killed the way he was in today's CF; ditto Palan. I'm not going to tell you they were unbeatable, but the specific ways they died would not be possible today.

>But when you redifine
>dominate and appear to be invincible, expect there to be some
>drama to come along with it.

I do expect that; yet, to not play something to the best of my ability within the character's role, etc., is really not to play at all.

If you're playing chess with your dad, who has played for many years and is better than you are, is it more insulting if he whips you mercilessly, or if he just lets you win? I'd think the latter.