Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well said!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9317&mesg_id=9364
9364, RE: I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well said!
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Several points that should probably be made clear.

You're perfectly welcome to play whatever role you want on CF. But you have to understand that OTHER people are playing their roles also.
And if your character happens to annoy every other character in the game (including your own cabal), and also the Imms, then you're in for a tough time. Remember, they're ALL playing their own roles. Imms included. If you annoy them IC, they won't treat you well IC. If you annoy Imms IC, they can cause bad things to happen to you, IC. This is all an IC viewpoint. People don't like you OOC because of the way you act on these boards. A completely different animal.

Nepenthe isn't saying your role idea is a bad one, only that it requires a more skilled player to pull of successfully. As much as you are convinced otherwise, you are not a skilled CFer.

You also seem to be confusing yourself that there are only two viable roles: extreme and cookie cutter. There are an infinite number of possibilities where you can play a likeable character that still goes against the grain. Think about it.

But you won't think about it. Because you prefer to whine and complain and convince yourself that your vast mudding experience (which pales in comparison to most of the Imms here, btw) means you are always right and everyone else is always wrong. But from an objective view, that clearly isn't the case.