Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWights, their claws, and defense.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=54251&mesg_id=54251
54251, Wights, their claws, and defense.
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love the new wight system. I've always wanted to hero a necro, but never have been good enough to complete the mummy or lich quests. I want to try a wight, even moreso after the recent change giving them a hp boost upon becoming like liches and mummies get. I will likely try one out once I get enough ambition to try another necromancer and come up with a role I would enjoy playing, but I have one slight issue with wights that just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would a wight give up their only defense skill, parry, to use their claw attacks? I think it would be a good idea to give them ironhands, or some necroy equivalent. I like the whole idea of the savage beast-like creatures that wights are, and it's super cool that a necro can turn into one of these. It's ripe for a whole new angle of necro-roles, to me anyway. To me it's uber-cool points if someone were to go the claw route instead of the route that *every* necro that survives becoming, which is the sword of zurcon. Though I highly doubt anyone ever will, myself included, if it means having no defenses. In my opinion it would be fair if they had something like ironhands. I think I fought all the wights that have been so far, and remember feeling bad for how much of a pushover they were.

So much for the rantings of a madman. What do you all think about this?