Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI did not necessarily mean it like that
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=53968&mesg_id=54041
54041, I did not necessarily mean it like that
Posted by Cenatar_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean I love exploring. I've spent so much time (and con) trying to get into Dis solo or trying to figure out Silent tower. I liked the thought behind rewarding that.

I did not think the whole raising the bar to 11+ for some areas and 35+ for other areas to be a big deal. I usually run through the standard lowbie areas that give a lot of xp between 11-20 and the higher areas I do at hero. So this would most likely not affect me at all.

But the idea that information is bad for players because otherwise they abuse it will just encourage information sharing. There is some information that I like that it is secret; quests, puzzles and even the layout of the most secret area explores. I like when there are parts of religions that are secret and that cabal politics is kept in game (even if summaries after the events posted somewhere would be awesome).

But I don't think what is essentially the rules of the game should be secret. The more transparency when it comes to how skills/spells/edges etc. work the better.

And I understand why you want to tone down the exploration/observation rewards (repetetive/can be botted) I just hope that it does not nerf all chars that are not doing the standard cabal/pk/religious routine.