Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectYou're -almost- making a point.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=45003&mesg_id=45040
45040, You're -almost- making a point.
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you're not backing yourself up at all - and you're being all butthuty and "I told you so" about it, which makes it worse.

My first recommendation would ordinarily be to calm down and to start a new thread. Clearly identify the "problem", explain why it's a problem, and explain how to fix it.

(But we both know the discussing of "pre-nerfing" ultimately comes down to a difference in opinion regarding balancing strategies, and freedom for a volunteer staff working on a community project. I'm certainly not going to be the one to say "hey, stop flexing your creativity, coders." I believe the primary argument the last time this came up ran like this: Pre-nerfing makes imbalances less obvious since you're less likely to notice guys who lose a little more often than they should, than you are guys who are winning way more than they should. The counter: at least I'm not getting steam-rolled by every new thing. Another counter: who are you to tell coders how best to look for imbalances? They probably know something you don't about the process - or have personal preferences based on how much time they have/fun they have coding. And so on.)