Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThe plan how to fight it doesn't really matter.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=38094&mesg_id=38114
38114, The plan how to fight it doesn't really matter.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can think of few ideas as well.

But even the IDEA itself of having the risk to loose the character you spent 500+ hours on just because someone knows how to get 1 item IS STUPID. And even more important question - WHAT FOR?

I'm verry sorry Scarab, i have big respect for You and Your Areas and for the exploration itself (it's the third element after PK and RP). But the items like talisman of utter evil, this devil shield, that brooch against conjurers do not really fit into the current CF situation i think. The best way i think about is to increase the amount of different shiny things from the Hell (so every group member of the group who goes there gets at least few shiny things), but decrease the most overpowered of them a bit. The mask with detect hide is questionable too in my opinion, go on and play duergar with evil vulns if you really want detect hide :p

For example if devil shield was 50 hp, 50 mana, 5 dr, 5 hr, 10 svs vs spell, 10 svs vs para, 10 svs vs mental, 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 3 wis, unbreakable and undisarmable then it wouldn't be less cool than now. However i am not really sure here myself, perhaps mask of Anazu is good the way it is now, perhaps not. But what about the evil talisman what kills paladins and druids for no obvious reasons? :(

I am sorry again if you saw any agression here (there was no any).

P.S. By the way i was never good explorer myself. Perhaps i only write it all because i can't get uber eq myself, perhaps not. I am not really sure here myself.