Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Re
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=27730&mesg_id=27743
27743, RE: Re
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It's quite dumb way of interaction. You go and tell to
>somebody who you don't really know your retarted background
>with your accent and they often don't really care about it.

I can see your point here. My frustration as a mortal leader is that all I know about an applicant is what I see in the interview, usually, and what other people have said. But they're in the same boat I am, usually basing their opinions solely on what they see in the interview.

Consequently you get characters like Moopsie and Mrowwler inducted into Fortress. This is my enduring shame. If I could have examined their imm comments then I probably wouldn't have inducted them. Or if, like an imm, I'd been able to snoop them while wizi, then I might not have inducted them.

This is actually sort of an argument for immortal induction, but I feel like they have enough stuff on their plate as it is.

>For somebody it feels like something earned.
>For me it feels like wasted time.

Granted. Maybe this game is not for you? This isn't a new thing either, by the way. I remember how cool it felt to get into Masters after having interviewed with five different mortal leaders. Some of them multiple times, since I didn't already know the answers to all the "five magics" questions.

>And that mud would have more players too.

I would not play that mud. I play Carrion Fields. I am not the only person for whom this is the case.