Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectUh, you realize what you said? that's hilarious
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=14072&mesg_id=14174
14174, Uh, you realize what you said? that's hilarious
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You AREN'T releasing the real numbers that you looked at, so that people will look at the numbers beyond their own personal experience?

Uh.

In the absence of an isildur-ish ocd need to study all those stats myself, all I have...all anyone has, is their own personal experience.

If you want to make the numbers you came up with public, fine, you can then ask people to not make suggestions based upon their own personal experience.

until such information is out there, I really can not think any reasonable human being can expect people to *NOT* form opinions of any kind when they have personal experiences to draw on.

It's human nature to form opinions. And the most ready form of information humans use to form those opinions, is perosonal experience. The fact that someone's own personal experience does not jive with the AVERAGE of all people's personal experience, does not completely invalidate the opinion that they formed using the only available information that they had at their disposal...their personal experience.

Until someone (you? imms?) makes OTHER information available, personal experience will continue to be the only basis behind the vast majority of opinions on this board.

To sum up. You can't have your cake, and eat it too.

I understand some reasons for keeping such statistical analysis secret (even if it is based upon public information).

But if you decide that you want to keep such things secret, you should not also complain that people are forming opinions in the absence of such information.