Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectMy 2 cents.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=808&mesg_id=826
826, My 2 cents.
Posted by Tronimal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I took a year or so hiatus from CF to a mud called dark and shattered lands. They have a very active immstaff, and 100 players online relatively consistently. Unfortunately, mechanics-wise, it's not a skill based mud, and also p2w. One thing, I think they got VERY right, is the custom mudlet client built by one of their users. It provides a TON of functionality integrated with the mud (the least useful of which, I found the mapper...) Chat windows, affect windows, health/mana/moves exp bars in a graphical context. Windows for tedious things like enchanting (which CF doesn't currently have). That said, the ease with which a NEW player can grab a client provided to work with their mud, and get into the game without learning how to program whatever other client they might use... is I think a major component to player retention. (They use alot of OOC channels too, which... I don't know how I feel about, but I think helps with player retention - someplace for players to connect OUT of character too, that is monitored, and sanctioned by the staff..) Anyway, investing some time in a custom mudlet client script for CF with highlights, manipulatable targeting alias, chat windows, and affects windows could go a LONG way to helping us bring in some new blood, and retain some old...