Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectRE: I don't think so
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=315&mesg_id=329
329, RE: I don't think so
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It does count immortals, but we probably average 3 to 5 on at any given time. I think the key part of your statement is the word "see" - there are very, very few characters out there who can see every other character who is on the game at a given time. I think this tends to distort your perception of the actual count.

So I wouldn't say an average of 45 is outright false...I didn't sit there and count everyone over a period of a day and work the average myself, then "pad" my results. I just used the 'users' command a bunch over the course of a week and pulled it off of there. I don't think it sends the wrong message - anyone playing the game can use that command and see that my statement is correct, and we've been averaging in the mid-40s for at least six months now (I know because I check it frequently).

Regardless, I asked Santa Zulg to come up with more long term counts - average for the week and month - because I want to use those numbers to try and measure our success.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***