Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectInvoker Flight Question
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1997
1997, Invoker Flight Question
Posted by ajfryeguy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are there any of the 7 elemtental paths that prevent an invoker from being tripped or legswept? Or do they eventually gain the flight spell? Or is the only way to be an arial invoker?
2011, Well, thats always was interesting to me...
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How is that master of air and winds can not fly and transmuter/shifter can?

Looking very strange
2015, Game balance n/t
Posted by Xenoroyal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
2018, Really? How will it affect the balance
if transmuters wont fly and invokers will? nothing will change seriously
2019, RE: Really? How will it affect the balance
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
IT affects balance by allowing vokers to be immune to trip at the same time as being immune to something else, via a different greater shield. (Since otherwise, they'd need to use shield of winds to do it, instead.)
2020, RE: Really? How will it affect the balance
Hm, but transmuters can have protection from bash + trip at the same time...why invokers can not?

Worth to mention, that transmuters already have much better melee abilities than invokers

And this leads them to be less vulnerable to lag already

They have nasty damaging spells like invoker's or even better (I would gladly trade my buffet for neuro disruption)
2021, RE: Really? How will it affect the balance
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Hm, but transmuters can have protection from bash + trip at the same time...why invokers can not?

They can, it's called a flight potion.
2022, RE: Really? How will it affect the balance
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh, neuro isn't really a damaging spell. It does do damage, but that's not why you cast it. :P

I wouldn't say transmuters are even competitive with invokers in the damage department -- transmuters do have some spells that you'll see throw big damage, but it's unstated that these usually follow the transmuter spending time getting corporeal softening, decalcify, or both in play, and that they've got fairly hefty lag.

When it comes to damaging multiple enemies, the invoker is clearly superior as well.
2023, RE: Really? How will it affect the balance
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Transmuters cannot be immune to pincer, cranial, trip, mountain storm kick (well, actually, some muters can), etc.

Invokers can.

Plus muters do become more vulnerable to certain necros if they put up translucence. One day, that could matter a lot!
2002, RE: Invoker Flight Question
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The major shield in the air path (Shield of Winds, perfect airshield), prevent tripping and similar skills.. among other things. Buy you arent "flying", just avoiding it.