Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectYou actually have a point in here, to some degree.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88946&mesg_id=89101
89101, You actually have a point in here, to some degree.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm clearly not as good at pking as several other players of CF. Evidence to this fact:
1. My three most successful (in terms of PKwins) chars since returning are Hunsobo, Woldrun, and Dupmasione. Bash bash bash, drive drive drive flurry, and wrath wrath wrath.
2. Chars I've been unsuccessful (in terms of PKwins) with have been ones such as:
Fobrin (Fort elf invoker - too many options, maybe?)
Shilbor (Nexus battle mace (I forget the other spec - whip maybe?) with riddle and maelstrom) - this char didn't have "too many options" but didn't fit my obvious successful playstyle of having one "really clear choice" of things to do
Galtholnicus (human rager berserker assassin) - no patience to stalk, no patience to levelsit and work on assassinate
There's others, some fall more in-between (Feilinal was decent, Iltanthal too, Bonthos meh, etc.), but the ones above really stick out in my mind as pretty dismal failures.

Basically I do have a lot of work to do if I ever want to become as "elite" in terms of PK as many of CF's current crop of players.

I don't think it's fair that you say that "all I do" is play power combos, though. I think it's just that those are more remembered and commented on. Probably because I play those chars for longer (age death, con death, age death). Because who wants to continue to play a combo that is getting owned and isn't what you envisioned? (Shilbor, for example, was supposed to have about 1500 HP, a 100 damroll, and just beat the crap out of people and force them to run. Didn't work out that way - 1500ish HP doesn't help if you're losing 400/round.)

So while your point about wrath wrath wrath is well taken (in fact, some folks would comment on it, to which I'd reply "Oh yes, next time I'll shieldbash you to death."), I think your point above is perception-rather-than-reality based.