Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectNot to fan any flames
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=81460&mesg_id=81585
81585, Not to fan any flames
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You missed her meaning.

Just to paraphrase the relevant bits:

Iunna tells you 'Y'didn' think y'had a real chance'n hell'a catchin' 'im.'

- Iunna is saying she doesn't think you can catch him by attacking and killing the guard (obviously, you'd be visible during that) and then entering and starting a fight. In other words, he's going to haul ass.

- The "challenge" I think she was implying would be catching him elsewhere rather than charging at her Inn, killing her guard, and not catching the guy.

- She seemed to be trying to interact with you solely as the patron Goddess of the Eternal Star might...just making an attempt to keep peace at the Inn.

I know you've probably heard this before, but you have a way of inferring the absolute worst meaning of whatever it is that someone says. I know from all of our previous ####. Most of the time people really aren't trying to jump down your throat, but to me you always seem to think so, and lash out defensively at first, but quickly moving towards the offensive. Then, when called on it, you become self-righteous and indignant.

I guess those are elements to any argumentative flow, but I'm just hoping you will maybe agree and take something from it. Anyways, I'm not trying to stomp on your nuts, really.