Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectSilent Tower's open for the holiday season.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2500
2500, Silent Tower's open for the holiday season.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoy!
2523, It's a new year and our season's come to a close.
And the Tower is likewise closed, or will be soon. This was meant to be a limited time engagement this time around, like a CF McRib, and it's come to the end of its run.

I will say that inasmuch as I was able to pay attention to this season of Tower explorers, it looked like some fun times were had and people generally seemed cool about it. As a result I will strongly consider doing events like this again in the future. Maybe I'll even add a few new things for it.

P.S. Confidential to a guy who's looking for a thing for thing: it isn't in there.
2524, RE: It's a new year and our season's come to a close.
Posted by Sertius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a damn shame, albeit I respect the reasons behind it. It's your game and your area and all, but me personally, am not part of a cheat ring and don't talk to anyone and wasn't able to get in yet and was rather looking forward to explore one of the coolest (by rumors) parts of the game. Thanks for all you do, but please consider opening it up, if at all possible, maybe as a case-by-case reward or just throw it in there for the people you snoop and like or whatever, but it doesn't need to be "closed" closed.
2525, Thanks for opening it.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My plans for dinking around it in it didn't go as planned, but it's always great having a chance to look for a new piece of the story told within its walls.

On a sideline, did you leave Ayerthl Zelaath closed during this time? I didn't see any of its gear circulating.

Cheers.
2528, RE: Thanks for opening it.
>On a sideline, did you leave Ayerthl Zelaath closed during
>this time? I didn't see any of its gear circulating.

It was open as well.
2526, Aaaaw, was so awesome that it was open!
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't wait for it to open again... Hope it does before I decide to leave CF. (AGAIN for like the 10th time... rofl)

That area is just so awesome. I have SO much left to do in there! I finally started to figure things out in there with Fjodir. :)
2527, Thanks for opening it back up :)
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
happy new year
2510, RE: Silent Tower's open for the holiday season.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will think of you fondly the first time someone rocks my world with the Girdle of Ruin-Isildur's-Day. :)
2506, Are all the entrances enabled?
Posted by Bloodletter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I completed one of the miniquests, but the guide I was directed to find is not revealing himself to me.
2507, RE: Are all the entrances enabled?
Currently only one entrance method is active; I've hinted at which. That may or may not change.

I can infer that the quest you've done is that one, because no PC has quest flags for any method but that one. You may not be waiting in exactly the right spot, which can take some trial and error, possibly because I'm a sadist.
2505, I might even try and go in this time round....alright to cut link when inside if you have lots of short logins?
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
2504, You sir, are pure evil
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I *just* said I was taking a break!

FUUuuuu...
2502, Thanks. Really hope you leave it open...
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, life too short not to man. Its a well coded area. Let it get enjoyed!
2501, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Time to con-die my char in ST again!
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Second happiest day EVER in CF! :D Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa!

THANK YOU DAEV! Best CF holiday gift EVER!