Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Conspiracies Abound!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=548
548, RE: Conspiracies Abound!
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Why does Ordasen think Sebeok is a cheater? What was he
>referring to in his goodbye?

I know he's felt that way for years, and I'm not really sure how it got started. I'm not sure Ordasen even knows. My gut instinct is that it's about Yanacek and the many thief code changes made in his favor, the majority of which that I've heard about (I was AWOL through most of the Yanacek era) I can objectively prove never happened without trying very hard.

Personally, Ordasen and I generally got on fine, and only a few things ever frustrated me about dealing with him. (And I probably could name you one or two for everybody.) One of those things is that he can be a very stubborn guy. Sometimes he makes up his mind about something, and I have no idea how, and then not hell nor high water nor DNA evidence will change his mind.

To take a harmless example, I know several times recently Ord has told people (and to be clear, I'm not saying he's lying -- I really think he believes it) that the Seaport is like the third most prog-intensive area in the game. I'm not sure where he got those facts, but it didn't come from talking to any of the coders. :P

Nice guy, but sometimes I'm just not sure where he's coming from.

>Scarabeaus is reputed to have a sordid/cheating past, the
>details of which I'm shaky on. What is this about, or is it
>pure make-believe?

Scarabaeus could be a vindictive guy in some of his choices/punishments as an imm, but I can't recall seeing anything from him that I would call cheating per se. Certainly I can't recall him doing anything for the benefit of himself or his friends or what have you.