Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: I have, yo.
Dallevian is the same as Forsaken. My bad on that, I didn't realize I was still logged in after posting on one of the protected forums. :)

As I've posted before, I like the transform idea of taking a limited magical item from anywhere and being able to transform it (similar to despoil but instead of hp you get dam redux). Having the spell available at 30 means every mage can get some sort of dam redux, even if it is only 10%. The more powerful items that give longer lasting and more reduction take some difficulty in getting. You'd have to kill a pretty tough mob. Plus, they might be items that people actually wear so there is competition in that, too.

One reason you said you disliked the idea was because of the abundance of magical items. Well, if you make the majority of them give only minimal redux, what's the problem with that? It still takes some work in going out and killing appropriate mobs to gather/farm them. And it'd only work with limited items so it isn't like I have a bag full of 50 necklaces worth 15% redux.

Exploration is still involved. Mages would have to go out and gather, test, and find what works efficiently for them. They'd be vulnerable as they kill that mob or gather a key to unlock a chest.

But redux is now accessible and it doesn't take shared ooc knowledge or re-exploring the same area for the 10th time hoping to find your sleek wand finally there.

The transform idea would also reward long-lived characters because it'd be hours based and % based to a small extent. It would also take the veil into account, which is a great addition but often ignored by non-nexuns and battle.

And depending on the nature of the item, you might even throw in some possible goodies. A magical item from coral palace might grant water resist or water breathing or shield of waves from a unique, hard to get item. Something from kiadana might make you heal faster in a burning area, give channel heat, or a random wall of fire prog to a weapon.

Can you point out the flaws you see in something like this so we can discuss it?

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message