Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: Tailstrike.
Right, so I was ranking on K'sra hunters during my previous session, and their tendency to strike at you with their tail made me think back about the last time my cat jumped on my desk (and in front of my monitor while she was at it) and accidently whipped her tail in my face.

As silly as it may sound, but suddenly getting hit in your face like that by a tail doesn't really hurt much of course, but it does give this minor shock effect for a second or two. Thus I came up with this idea for a Felar inherent ability named Tailstrike.

The skill would be manually activated, and given to all felar classes from say rank 7. And it would do exactly these 3 things. 1) It does minor damage to the target (wounds, injures, at hero a mutilate at the very most), 2) it lags the Felar for exactly 1 round, and 3) it lags the target for exactly 1 round.

What you would get with this is a minor inherent lagging ability for Felars. The reason why I think that this would both suit the race as well as help them out a little is because felars first of all aren't exactly the best bashers, while trip rarely cuts it due to them flying through various means etc, and also because Felars can't dual wield various weaponry so there is no pincer for them either for example. Another thing is that felars are by nature focused on physical combat and hunting etc, while they also have more wisdom than they have intelligence. I think this should automatically lead to some form of inherent cunning hunterinstinct anyway, and Tailstrike just might be the answer to this.

Overpowered? Don't make me laugh, the lag is only 1 round while it will lag the felar for that same round as well, without causing the target much damage at all. Because felars are naturally adept to physical combat through their powerful con, dex, high hp, 100% hand to hand and the extra claw damage, this skill would be a great way for a felar to try and attempt forcing their opponent to face them on their own terms this way. It never should result in any perma-lag either, because even if the ability is spammed there is always the chance that the opponent gets his/her command off before the Felar does. For felar hand to hand specs it would friggin' rock, for felar shapeshifters it would be mostly roleplay related, which balances out nicely I think. The other classes are somewhere in between.

Oh, and finally, you could also add this skill to that list of anti-ganging that came up recently along with bash, throw, pebble-to-boulder etc if need be.

By the way, make all inherent abilities including the ones already in start at 80% instead of 75% will you? Just like forced march. Looks much better that way, and seriously what is 5%?

No Nep, I'm not a crack-addict.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message