Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: Zulg hijacks the Contest! Design an inherent abili...
Right, so where exactly do I need to sign in order to legally agree to these terms?! Meh, forget it about it. On to the suggestions I want to make.

There is one ability I always thought Wood-Elves should all have regardless of what class they are, and that is Pathfinding. Pathfinding as in an automatic inherent skill which becomes available starting from level 7 or 8 orso. Every single Wood-Elf having this ability as a natural skill not only makes more than a little sense in my opinion (due to their ties with wilderness areas and woodland areas / their upbringing outdoors / their cultural beliefs / you name it etc), but it would also give the race a great boost in the Warrior departement. Seriously, without this Pathfinding skill I see very little point, besides pure RP of course, to ever choose a Wood-Elf over an Arial for my next Warrior. Arials get slightly better dexterity/dodge as well as constitution/hp, have of course perma-flight and benefit from the 1-practice-per-skill just as well, and this while having a lower exp penalty per level than a Wood-Elf does. The only interesting part of being a Wood-Elf instead of an Arial as a Warrior is the ability to get up to 4% in skillearning during a level-up on occasion, where the Arial cannot get higher than 3% (and that is a very minor advantage considering both have 23 intelligence), and also of course the Elven longevity in terms of game hours (which is probably even less minor, especially now that with Eluna's outrageous age for an Arial it seems even less of an issue worth making any note of).

If every Wood-Elf regardless of class would get Pathfinding as a passive inherent skill, it would greatly aid to their ability to explore, scout, travel great distances, be able to remain in woodland or wilderness areas for longer (which invites better Wood-Elf roleplaying), etc.

Honestly, I was pretty darn surprised the day Wood-Elf Rangers got Camouflage as an inherent skill at 100%, but not Pathfinding. Trust me, giving them Pathfinding as an inherent skill early on will make the race alot more atractive in alot of ways without overpowering them in any way that I can see. If the others want to keep up with their Wood-Elf prey, they'll just have to get pills from Udgaard to even it out. Considering the Wood-Elf player gives himself the Iron vulnerability, a lower constitution and thus lower hp as well as a lesser Dodge skill than an Arial, sacrifices perma-flight and ends up with a 400 experience penalty every level, I'd say it would be a very fair and even desireable trade-off. It actually might make playing a Wood-Elf Warrior worthwhile besides pure roleplaying purposes.

Wll, I hope I made a somewhat convincing case. The Wood-Elf race really needs that skill, people.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message