Subject: "December 22: Warpriest Training, Savage Rangers, Blades..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #125
Show all folders

TwistSun 22-Dec-13 09:38 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125, "December 22: Warpriest Training, Savage Rangers, Bladesong"

Again, thank you to Daevryn for helping with the specifics on these.

Joel asks about Warpriest Training:
What gear slots matter. How much of an effect does it have in the various areas... Why would any choose heavy over trance+ and spellcraft on a shaman?

Answer: Per Daevryn - All gear slots matter, I think. Bonuses... Im not sure how to quantify. Generally I think warpriest heavy looks pretty good if you expect to tank multiple people.

Murphy asks about Savage Rangers:
What exact bonuses can they get from fighting naked? Morale from warpaint is obvious, but can we get a more specific breakdown of what does leaving various slots bare and smearing mud help with? I would also like to know if savages get any damage bonuses to make up for lack of damroll when fighting naked or semi-naked.

Answer: My experience is that armor made of non-metal materials is pretty good. Per Daevryn, some of their skills work better with empty slots or light armor. They dont get general bonuses to damroll or anything else.

Tom asks:
Did the Bladesong ever exist as a skill or quest skill? I know there's a bit of lore behind it and wondered if it was ever a mechanical part of the game. For instance, I think Daevryn mentioned it in Aulrathdien's role and the description of the Evermoon Hollow warrior guildmaster mentions it as well.

Answer: No, it's never existed as a skill, though Danellaran (in Darsylon) has it as part of his prog.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TacTue 24-Dec-13 10:26 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136, "RE: Warpriest Training"
In response to Reply #0

So the best possible bonus from warpriest would come from wearing something that classifies as armor (not clothing or treasure or whatever) on all slots that fall into the various armor categories?

Would it be possible to add a line to score that gave some indication of how much benefit you were getting out of warpriest training, i.e. You gain a small/medium/large/full benefit from your warpriest training (or something along those lines).

If not the above, would it be feasible to add an echo like the one for gates when wearing stuff that indicates if it is helping or not?

More specific questions to follow (from the helpfile).

A shaman focusing in heavy armor receives the following benefits, each
dependant on wearing heavy armor (those made of stone, bone, and metal):

Is this only armor that would trigger those armor use skills? So dragon armor doesn't help? Does weight matter, or just armor type? Does AC or any other factor matter, or is it just total number of gear slots covered by the right kind of armor? Are all slots equal?

- Increased hit point regeneration.

Up to the equivalent of 50% extra regen? Some maximum value would be helpful here.

- Minor reduction of damage caused by others; this improves as the shaman
faces multiple player opponents.

Up to how much DR? How much does it increase vs. multiple opponents? Does it scale with # of opponents?

- Increased chance for armor deflection of an attack.

How much of an increased chance? Does this make shield block better? Does it make armor use skills effectively as good as another defense like dodge/parry/shield block? Do the aiming skills negate this?

- Small chance for heavy armor to reduce the effectiveness of a stunning
attack; this is very rare unless the shaman is fighting multiple player
opponents.

A shaman focusing in light armor receives the following benefits, each
dependent upon wearing light armor (by weight) and/or avoiding heavy armor:

I read this as armor that is armor (not clothing etc.) that is lightweight and not metal, stone, or bone.... Correct?

- Increased mana regeneration

Up to 50%?

- Increased evade chance

This one seems odd as shamans don't get evade. Is that an oversight?

- Increased effective level of supplications; this is more powerful while
fighting and has a smaller effect upon communing to initiate combat or while
not yet fighting.

I assume this is like spellcraft. Is it a flat +5 level bonus? A chance (like spellcraft) for 1 or more levels up to 9 (or whatever)?

Basically, how big (or small) a bonus is warpriest training? How would one maximize it? Since mana regen (even with trance) is so important to a shaman (with so many high cost sups) and landing sups is so much more difficult (due to a lack of spellcraft) I can't see why anyone would choose heavy. It seems like light would always be a better choice, even if you were fighting multiple opponents because the DR from heavy and the lag reduction doesn't seem likely to be enough (especially with a better chance at evade) to trade off the potential to hit your important sups first try, but maybe I'm missing something, or the heavy bonuses are quantitatively larger than the light armor ones.

Basically if I'm playing a race that could go either way, how do I make a decision on which to choose?

MurphySun 22-Dec-13 11:30 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126, "So it's not true that bare wrists + smearmud = kote res..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

TwistMon 23-Dec-13 12:21 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#127, "I don't know the answer to this, but..."
In response to Reply #1

I do believe that smearmud does give you resistance to any sort of grappling move. I don't know if you have to have bare wrists/arms/legs for the various types of grappling moves though.

moroccoMon 23-Dec-13 07:53 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2010
65 posts
#134, "nope, it's true"
In response to Reply #1

I've rolled like five or six savages in total. Every single one could get out of kote (and a bunch of other fun stuff (not entwine, but only had my pants off, didn't try boots)) with either bare wrists or being completely naked.

Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #125 Previous topic | Next topic