Subject: "December 20: Grab Bag from TrapperJohnMD" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #110
Show all folders

TwistFri 20-Dec-13 01:07 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110, "December 20: Grab Bag from TrapperJohnMD"

HUGE thanks to Daevryn for letting me pick his brain on some of these.

TrapperJohnMD asks:

- What do imms do up there?
Different imms and imm-levels have different responsibilities and interests. I'll comment on mine. A lot of the time is just talking with other Imms - often on completely OOC things. Other times I'll snoop a mortal for RP (or if I see an impending battle that looks like it's going to be good). Stuff like that. Fielding prays and newbie channel questions.

- Are you at your prompt with the IP address of each logged in player echoed as the players forum handle with an arrow to the character name and toggle for past characters? That would be scary!

No. I personally see IPs when someone disconnects or does other things that might potentially be cheating (drops stuff and then picks it up from the same IP). I have the capability of seeing anyone's IP address, cross-referencing to find any other chars played from that IP, or seeing the IP address of everyone that is on at the time. I use that middle thing (cross-referencing chars) from time to time. Most of the time, I use it to see if some guy who should be leading a cabal is ####ing around with a dozen other mortals instead of playing his leader char. Also if I notice strange stuff such as a character having what seems to be an irrational hatred of another char - maybe the haterguy's alt got screwed over or something. That check doesn't include past chars, only currently active ones (though if you deleted but still haven't shown up on the graveyard yet, you're technically an active char with respect to that ability).

- Do you sit around writing areas?
Those who are currently writing areas are often online but only halfway paying attention, yes.

- Slaving over helpfiles?
At times. Umiron is (as of late) the big helpfile guy, so props to him.

- slaying each other to determine who's ideas for improving shamans are best?
Slaying is boring (and you can't slay someone at/above your level). And honestly, Imm v. Imm fights are boring too, since they don't mean anything (and Imms can't take damage that takes them below 1 hp). If we're fighting, it's usually to test something.

- AC and armor stats, aim, precise aim, armor use, dam redux explanation

Basically when you attack, there is a chance that armor deflection will come into play. Randomly a hit location is chosen, for instance helm, chest, etc. If you're wearing armor in that slot, the AC value for the attack type coming at you is looked at (so a slashing weapon checks your armor's slash ac). A few affects like barkskin count as (poor) armor for a slot that doesn't have real armor. Aim and precise aim increase the roll of the attacker to beat the deflection. Opportunity Strike lets you roll twice and choose the best (for you) location to strike at.

- do you have stats on most visited areas, or most killed mobs?
Yes and no. We have a command called areastat (that I had to ask Daevryn about because I couldn't remember it) that will tell us about foot traffic, exp gained (by alignment or in general), gold farmed, and pks. I suppose you could use the exp gained bit to see/guess which mobs are most killed.

- what the hell does 'imbued with a blessing' really mean on an item ID? Does it always mean something?

It means that the item is blessed. There's an edge, I think that makes blessed armor work better for something (armor use skills maybe?), and of course priest classes can't wield a weapon that isn't blessed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KaguMaruSat 21-Dec-13 07:08 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116, "To clarify.."
In response to Reply #0

Priest classes means all empowered classes?

TwistSat 21-Dec-13 07:56 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#118, "Yes. (nt)"
In response to Reply #1

Top General Discussions Announcements Twist the Season to Be Jolly Topic #110 Previous topic | Next topic