Subject: "More of a long-term thing I always had wanted to see im..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2012 Topic #294
Show all folders

MekFri 11-Jan-13 06:43 PM
Member since 20th Jun 2011
47 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#294, "More of a long-term thing I always had wanted to see implemented"

CF's combat system is magnificent because of its intricacy - the attention to detail and all the little nuances that no other game can come close to. That being said, one big thing I've always thought was lacking is that there isn't really a system in place to help a character fare particularly well against something they already know. Sure, weapon defenses fall into this. Evasion gives anyone with that ability a chance to get away from something they might normally take right in the pants. But, what about the master invoker who knows his craft inside and out? Could he not conceivably have a chance to unravel elemental spells that are directed his way? Would a transmuter spot the tell-tale signs of a slowing spell being woven and move to counter or lessen it? A thief, being so learned in the art of cracking people on the skull would, in theory, be better prepared to spot such an attempt being made on himself. And so on and so forth. Sure, this could be handled somewhat easily (I'd imagine) by making anyone have a greater chance to elude an ability's effect if they happen to know it, and maybe that's a good place to start. But, I'm thinking that this could be so much more interesting and colorful than that, with interesting exceptions crossing class and racial combinations (assassin vs. thief, for instance - the assassin might spot the blackjack, and the thief could predict the trip.)

I imagine this is headed for the ol' circular file. But, just maybe one of you is as interested in seeing where this goes as I've always been.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourSun 20-Jan-13 05:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#297, "Santa Zulg closed awhile ago and brings you coal (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Santa Zulg 2012 Topic #294 Previous topic | Next topic