Subject: "Sleek Wand Quests" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2012 Topic #243
Show all folders

McMagi (Anonymous)Sun 30-Dec-12 03:10 PM
Charter member
#243, "Sleek Wand Quests"

I've always found it odd that mages have to kill other mages to get alot of the sleeks. Sure, if your light and the npc is dark or vice versa it makes it easy to RP. But there are multiple cases where it makes for a terrible RP reason.

Also, some locations (at least in the past) are impossible for some mages to be in and appropriate form for.

My suggestion then is to implement a quest option. Once a sleek holder has been identified via detect artifact the npc in question would offer a quest to kill something else appropriate and bring the object back.

NPC: "Ahh, you have noticed my mastery of the higher protective magics. Rather than contest me for it I will give it to you in exchange for this rare ingredient."

The quest would then be relative in power to defeating this particular mage and serves as an RP device rather than deterrent.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourFri 04-Jan-13 11:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#257, "Santa Zulg brings you coal (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Santa Zulg 2012 Topic #243 Previous topic | Next topic