Subject: "Misdirect" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #384
Show all folders

AXeraThu 15-Dec-11 09:03 AM
Member since 09th Nov 2008
48 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#384, "Misdirect"

I generally like the idea of this skill, but it has one glaring issue: the three rounds of lag on a miss. Other similar warrior spec skills don't have this flaw. Crushing blow only lags you 3 rounds when it lags them 2, and pincer can open combat and is either 3-for-2 or 2-for-0 (you even get damage on 2 round lag misses sometimes).

Would it be too much to ask to have missed misdirects only lag the user 2 rounds?

The only explanation I can muster for why the skill is this way is because the spec has other lagging skills, and is defensive enough to 'handle' the extra round of lag. In practice this is completely backwards, though. The other spear/staff lagging skills are near-useless most of the time, while distance does nothing to prevent command skills from ruining you while you're lagging yourself. So you miss, and meanwhile get jabbed twice and then flurried. Or maybe you're thinking misdirect will give you a shot against that 7 path invoker, except you're already limiting your offensive ability by not dual wielding and now you've just given them 3 free rounds to abuse you with.

I mean it's not as if the skill is like mid-rank doublethrust, or flurry - there's no huge payoff when it does hit. Besides, those both have an edge to reduce their lag when they miss anyway (they hit a lot more often too).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourFri 16-Dec-11 03:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#419, "Santa Zulg abides with bonus"
In response to Reply #0

>Would it be too much to ask to have missed misdirects only lag
>the user 2 rounds?

I did this for misdirect and also did this for concealed attack

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

blackbirdSat 17-Dec-11 07:20 AM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#422, "do you mean timed attack instead of concealed?~"
In response to Reply #1

incognitoSat 17-Dec-11 04:12 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#423, "Is this a mistake?"
In response to Reply #1

Concealed attack doesn't involve lag at all, and is a passive skill, not an active skill.

ZulghinlourSat 17-Dec-11 08:42 PM
9792 posts
#427, "Ha!"
In response to Reply #3

>Concealed attack doesn't involve lag at all, and is a passive
>skill, not an active skill.

Nope...I mean concealed. What I ended up changing however was code we no longer use. Go me!

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #384 Previous topic | Next topic